GoPlayPool US Pool Rooms Directory Sponsored by AZ Billiards

edatplaypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not clear that the website is still active. They have not logged in to AZB for a year. The listings in my area are not useful partly because of Covid closures.

It is a huge effort to maintain a list of places to play. There have been several volunteer efforts to make such lists. The ones that currently exist for snooker and carom depend on random people sending in good info. It's hard to turn it into a business because most pool rooms are unwilling to pay anything to support such an effort. They go to Facebook or such and make sure their Google Maps info is up to date (if they even do that). Rooms open and close every week, and that's a huge job to track.
You're telling me. There really is a need for such a tool, its a shame no one has found a way to make it profitable enough to keep the database up to date. By the way if anyone is interested, I know a great domain that is available for a fair price, playpool.com. Might be able to work out some consultation as well if desired. Hope you are doing well Bob!

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Bob. We are just fine here. Sorry we are super busy on our end keeping up with the platform. The flyers section is a massive hit and keeps us busy. Plus marketing, advertisers and partners. Must keep ALL parties happy! :)
Hope all is well.

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
You're telling me. There really is a need for such a tool, its a shame no one has found a way to make it profitable enough to keep the database up to date. By the way if anyone is interested, I know a great domain that is available for a fair price, playpool.com. Might be able to work out some consultation as well if desired. Hope you are doing well Bob!
We are just fine here. Sorry we are super busy on our end keeping up with the platform. The flyers section is a massive hit and keeps us busy. Plus marketing, advertisers and partners. Must keep ALL parties happy! :)
Hope all is well.

edatplaypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are just fine here. Sorry we are super busy on our end keeping up with the platform. The flyers section is a massive hit and keeps us busy. Plus marketing, advertisers and partners. Must keep ALL parties happy! :)
Hope all is well.
Glad to hear it. It's a tough go, you have my congratulations!