One of the last times I played Ginky, I was up real fast going to 9. I jumped to a 4-0 lead, climbed to 7-3 and got on the hill at 8-6 only to watch him come back and beat me 9-8. I'll never forget the hill-hill game. I got dead-straight on the 5-ball which lead to me getting dead-straight on the 6-ball which lead to me getting a sharp angle on the 8-ball. I missed, left Ginky real tough and he got out. He endured some horrible rolls the entire set and for most of the match, I simply couldn't miss. Nobody in the room would have said a thing if he missed that 8, they wouldn't say he dogged it and I was hoping the dog would come out just once.
See, that was the thing about him, about champions. You keep looking to see if he's got any dog in him when you need to look for the exact opposite. He always had one great shot left in him.