Great pool banquet this year.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wife and I just finished up our pool league with a great banquet and good memories. Our league grew from 24 to 32 members this year, and as always was very professionally run. We had more subs than usual, but no real covid problems, given that they have leagues there 3 nights a week. In addition to more members, we started a 50/50 raffle this year that greatly added to the year end pot. It was really great having more people to shoot with, and meeting new friends. Our league was about 1/3 women shooters this year, so my wife really liked that. Due to the increased league fees, and 50/50 there was some serious money in the payouts this year. Also, unlike another poster on this forum, we really appreciated our drink server, he was the best. Knew what drinks you wanted when you showed up, and if you didn't stop by the bar on the way in, but went right to your table first, he would bring your drinks to you while you were getting ready. Always had a great attitude, even with everything that went on this year. Not only did we tip him well during the year, but because of his great service through everything, we passed around a card that was greatly contributed to, at the banquet for him, to show how much we appreciated his great service. It's sad that some have a bad experience at leagues, as they actually can be a fun time if you take them for what they are, have good members, and most of all are professionally run. We can hardly wait for next year, but time to do some fishing now.

BuddyWing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you didn't know , it is legal for you to fish and play pool in the same week .. Your Welcome . LOL

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a bar in the town we have our summer condo, and fish at that has a table that is still a quarter to play. Not the greatest condition, but it's a quarter so you accept it for what it is. I've played alot of games there.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve never had the time to be a league player, and usually hearing the stories never thought I was missing much, but this report sure changes my mind. Glad to hear it went so well in a tough year. Hopefully the fishing is just as good.