Great Pool Room in Grand Junction Co.

Coach

New member
I'm moving away from the Grand Junction area. I've been a regular at the local pool room-Bank 8 Billiards. It has been a great room, and I recommend you don't miss it if you are driving on I-70 just on the Colorado side of the Colorado/Utah border. I have a lot of buddies that love a new challenge to come through. Truthfully, there aren't really very many gamblers, unless you want the daily golf action. They play cheap, but they play daily till around 2 or 3. They call me One-Pocket Pat. Some still call me Coach, and that's what all my pool buddies in Denver call me. I'm a hack, but I love playing 1-hole. The room has several odd size tables, two 9' Olhausens, and a 5'x10' snooker table. A few ring game guys, but mostly just a lot of really good guys that enjoy a good game of pool. Shawn, Allan, Roger, Dean, Brandon, Tom, and others love a good 8 or 9 ball game. Tell them Coach Pat says howdy!
 
I'm moving away from the Grand Junction area. I've been a regular at the local pool room-Bank 8 Billiards. It has been a great room, and I recommend you don't miss it if you are driving on I-70 just on the Colorado side of the Colorado/Utah border. I have a lot of buddies that love a new challenge to come through. Truthfully, there aren't really very many gamblers, unless you want the daily golf action. They play cheap, but they play daily till around 2 or 3. They call me One-Pocket Pat. Some still call me Coach, and that's what all my pool buddies in Denver call me. I'm a hack, but I love playing 1-hole. The room has several odd size tables, two 9' Olhausens, and a 5'x10' snooker table. A few ring game guys, but mostly just a lot of really good guys that enjoy a good game of pool. Shawn, Allan, Roger, Dean, Brandon, Tom, and others love a good 8 or 9 ball game. Tell them Coach Pat says howdy!

Oh my Gosh... Hey Pat... Coach. This is Randy Hatten.... Let me see if I can jog your memory a bit... Last year i came to town to visit my family (out on East Orchard mesa...my 2nd home) and we met there at Bank Eight. We played a little for a couple of days. I have pretty long hair and am a retired Dentist. Remember me? hehe I was planning a 2 week trip to GJT (right after Varner's Denver event and before 4 Bears in ND). I'm playing in the amateur side... of course. :smile:

I can't believe I recognized your name... but anything from GJT kinda stands out for me. Great to see you posting... where you heading?? Maybe we 'll run into each other again sometime.

Randy
 
Truthfully, there aren't really very many gamblers,

Sorry to hear you're leaving town Pat. But truth be said, the reason they're aren't many gamblers in Bank8 is because they've all been kicked out by the owner. Tread carefully or you'll find yourself on the way out very quickly. Question anything about the tables quality and the owner will quote their $6000 price tag as the reason why they are the best tables ever. Has tried to say he has put Simonis on the tables, but never did. Same for Championship. To boot, he installs the cloth himself without being qualified to do so. Over stretches the cloth, installs it with waves in the weave.
 
Sorry to hear you're leaving town Pat. But truth be said, the reason they're aren't many gamblers in Bank8 is because they've all been kicked out by the owner. Tread carefully or you'll find yourself on the way out very quickly. Question anything about the tables quality and the owner will quote their $6000 price tag as the reason why they are the best tables ever. Has tried to say he has put Simonis on the tables, but never did. Same for Championship. To boot, he installs the cloth himself without being qualified to do so. Over stretches the cloth, installs it with waves in the weave.

thanks for the heads up.... I guess it takes away from his sports book and in house poker events.. interesting/
 
thanks for the heads up.... I guess it takes away from his sports book and in house poker events.. interesting/

There's poker going again? Could of swore the owner wasn't going to allow poker again after the last time he canceled it. He got pretty heated towards the people who dealt. As far as the horse/dog betting, he nearly lost the pool hall to poor business several years ago. Gotta do things to protect his money. But there's even more to that betting area than I'm willing to talk about.
 
There's poker going again? Could of swore the owner wasn't going to allow poker again after the last time he canceled it. He got pretty heated towards the people who dealt. As far as the horse/dog betting, he nearly lost the pool hall to poor business several years ago. Gotta do things to protect his money. But there's even more to that betting area than I'm willing to talk about.

Oh I don't know now... 3 years ago or so there was poker. When I was there last year it was just horse and dog running. Don't know anything current... just assumed.
 
Oh I don't know now... 3 years ago or so there was poker. When I was there last year it was just horse and dog running. Don't know anything current... just assumed.

Yea, something about the poker players didn't bring in any money. So rather than fixing the problem to encourage their spending, he went off the deep end and kicked them out. Three real nice pokers tables in the back that never get used.
 
Back
Top