Great Schon service.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cracked a butt cap on a Schon cue of mine a few weeks back, and called them about a repair, cost and repair timing. Lady said could be 6-12 weeks as they were really busy, but to send it in. I decided to wait a bit as I travel near their shop about once a month or so, so I would just drop it off. Stopped in last Friday about 1:30 in the afternoon, and by chance got talking to the guy that designed the SP model cue that I had. We bs'ed for a bit, then he looked at me and said, you know I can't do this today. I said I didn't expect that, then he said maybe he could have it done on Monday. I told him I would be gone back home by then so just ship it to me, and if he wanted to take till Friday to get it done that would be great. Then asked if I could look at some of the cues they were working on, he said no problem. It was really interesting looking at over 100 cues in various stages of finish. a lot of ones I have never seen before. Well, yesterday I get a text from him with a couple pictures of my cue finished, and asking if it looked ok. Not sure if they work on weekends, but drop off on Friday afternoon, and finish repair on Monday afternoon, is some great service.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update on repaired cue. Wife and I were shooting pool at home when my repaired cue arrived. I opened it up to check it out, and repair was flawless. My wife grabbed it, and started shooting with it and after shooting really good with it, told me that if I wanted it back, I needed to order her one. I asked her what it was that she liked as the McDermott that she has shoots really good. She couldn't explain why other than she shot well with it, and it felt better to her than her cue. I then put both cues on a scale, Schon 19.15 oz, McDermott 19.6 oz. Balance point, Schon 19", McDermott 17.5". Needless to say I am on the hunt for another cue. Have found two that I and my wife like, a CX 04, and a ltd cue. We like them both, but like the limited version cue slightly more, but it's about 1 oz heavier than I want. Waiting till today to see if they can lower the weight. Shon called me back last night, and said the seller has the weight bolts and gave me a contact to talk to, to find out if it can be done with that cue. I need to get going on this, or as I told my wife, if we didn't buy another Schon, there is a really nice Nitti cue that I have been drooling over, and I could just order that instead. She thinks the Nitti is really nice also, but the price of it, not so much. May end up buying both, Like my Schon, and service is fantastic, and the Nitti is just beautiful to me. Also called Nitti the other day to see about getting a 30" shaft made for the cue I was looking at. He said no problem, and seemed really nice to deal with also.

Last edited: