GTF Prestige vs Replica

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know what the difference is between the prestige and replica? They look they same but are priced different. Are the interiors the same? Does anyone have pics of the GTF interior?

Thanks for the help!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Does anyone know what the difference is between the prestige and replica? They look they same but are priced different. Are the interiors the same? Does anyone have pics of the GTF interior?

Thanks for the help!

If you look closely, the Prestige has end caps much like that used in the Centennial and Thomas cases...they are an injection-molded high impact plastic of some kind.

Prestige-Top-End-Cap.jpg

The Replica cases are styled very much after the Fellinis, Gore and Engles cases, in that the ends are leather that is folded and glued. I am sure I have the actual technique all wrong, but, suffice to say, it takes much longer and is more painstaking than the ends found on the Prestige.

Replica-Top-End-Cap.jpg

The interiors are identical...it's just the two end treatments that separate the two styles and pricing.

Please note these pics are courtesy of the GTF website: http://www.gtfcases.com

Lisa

Last edited:

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
If you look closely, the Prestige has end caps much like that used in the Centennial and Thomas cases...they are an injection-molded high impact plastic of some kind.

Prestige-Top-End-Cap.jpg

The Replica cases are styled very much after the Fellinis, Gore and Engles cases, in that the ends are leather that is folded and glued. I am sure I have the actual technique all wrong, but, suffice to say, it takes much longer and is more painstaking than the ends found on the Prestige.

Replica-Top-End-Cap.jpg

The interiors are identical...it's just the two end treatments that separate the two styles and pricing.

Please note these pics are courtesy of the GTF website: http://www.gtfcases.com

Lisa
Excellent post, rep for you......

James

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rep to you guys. So in your opinion is is really worth paying extra for the replica if the end is the only difference?

ridewiththewind

&#9829; Hippie Hustler &#9829;
Silver Member
Rep to you guys. So in your opinion is is really worth paying extra for the replica if the end is the only difference?

It's more a matter of taste...which way do you like the ends done? While I prefer the styling of the Replica; for everyday carry I would likely go with the Prestige, as the end caps can take more 'abuse', such as bumps and scratches.

Lisa

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm leaning towards the prestige bc of the point you made. I think on the black cases it would be hard to even distinquish. I'll have to run up to Seyberts and take a look at them side by side.

ridewiththewind

&#9829; Hippie Hustler &#9829;
Silver Member
I'm leaning towards the prestige bc of the point you made. I think on the black cases it would be hard to even distinquish. I'll have to run up to Seyberts and take a look at them side by side.

Their pricing is very good on the GTF's and includes free shipping.