8balltex
Banned
I ordered a new custom cue its shipping out to me this week sometime, in a few days. Ive been waiting to see it, I have no Idea what exactly it will look like because the Exotic wood used can vary and I dont know the cuemaker very well. Im going to describe it then I will post photos after it arrives and let you know what I personally think about the way it turned out so here it goes:
I ordered my cue from Bill Newhouse Cues, I found his website online and liked the Exotics he prefers to work with, I liked his work it has a lot of natural plain brown/orange color tone and I think he looks like hes a talented artist that does what he enjoys mostly and doesnt enjoy working with other designs/exotics. I decided to order right from his build a cue feature on his website, I talked with him on the phone and we discussed the options. Im going to try and remember off the top of my head without checking for accuracy:
12.5mm Shaft/ 21oz/ No wrap/ Kamui Black Hard tip
Bubinga handle, Pink Ivory Forearm, birdseye maple butt sleeve, and I think we agreed on his favorite wood for buttcap and joints as Olivewood. For the shaft I chose curly maple(his website says maple with high ring count so I guess thats what this is) and brown linen for the ferrule..
I heard from him last week and he says the Pink Ivory is very PINK>> I was hoping it would be Watermelon but this is ok IM NOT SCARED or anything it just stands out in mind, I would also like to see the Bubinga because Im hoping it has a plain orange tone to it instead of dark brown figured. I had asked him to choose Pink Ivory FIGURED but he wasnt too much interested in talking about figured Pink Ivory so I didnt push it, he seems like a stubborn guy and I just wanted to wait to see what it turns out like since he does such a good job with the cues hes made on his website, Im hoping he would use some of his own style throughout the making of the cue. After the order I contacted him a few days later and I had asked him about a thin ring I saw in one of his cue photos and I told him it looks like a green ring, but he said its actually a thin silver ring and that it just glares that way, He quickly added that he could do some veneer wafers in green if I wanted. I thought It could be similar to what I had thought I saw but he was sort of stubborn about the change like he didnt like talking very much unless I wanted to order another cue so once again I just said OK to the green wafers and didnt push it anymore, I just want a nice new cue and I dont know the guy personally, his business is his business and so I left it alone... Im still expecting a beautiful cue and I cant wait to play with it.. The cue I have been using for the past 5 yrs or so is an oversize Miltonio 59" Tulipwood wrapless and This time I wanted to go back to standard length.. Even though I agree with Miltonio that the oversize is perfect for a 9ft table, I dont always have access to 9feet tables and sometimes I like to play bar tournaments and I would like to have this standard cue to use so My butt doesnt stick out too much. Im also 5'7" tall and now after playing with this cue I think that oversize cues are actually for taller players. I also notice that I Choke up on the cue a lot because I shoot quickly without aiming, you know when you play at a lot of bars you want to get your shot off before some guy on the table next to you sticks his butt in the way and bumps your cue.. Of course Im so good I dont really have to aim anymore.. haha let me know what you think it will look like and I will show it sometime next week, I have a nice 14 megapix camera on my phone its not bad, I will also show my Miltonio cue next to it. I also ordered a new Black Longoni Shuttle cue case for my new cue, I use the Longoni Beige for my Miltonio it is great, I never worry about my cue being damaged..
I ordered my cue from Bill Newhouse Cues, I found his website online and liked the Exotics he prefers to work with, I liked his work it has a lot of natural plain brown/orange color tone and I think he looks like hes a talented artist that does what he enjoys mostly and doesnt enjoy working with other designs/exotics. I decided to order right from his build a cue feature on his website, I talked with him on the phone and we discussed the options. Im going to try and remember off the top of my head without checking for accuracy:
12.5mm Shaft/ 21oz/ No wrap/ Kamui Black Hard tip
Bubinga handle, Pink Ivory Forearm, birdseye maple butt sleeve, and I think we agreed on his favorite wood for buttcap and joints as Olivewood. For the shaft I chose curly maple(his website says maple with high ring count so I guess thats what this is) and brown linen for the ferrule..
I heard from him last week and he says the Pink Ivory is very PINK>> I was hoping it would be Watermelon but this is ok IM NOT SCARED or anything it just stands out in mind, I would also like to see the Bubinga because Im hoping it has a plain orange tone to it instead of dark brown figured. I had asked him to choose Pink Ivory FIGURED but he wasnt too much interested in talking about figured Pink Ivory so I didnt push it, he seems like a stubborn guy and I just wanted to wait to see what it turns out like since he does such a good job with the cues hes made on his website, Im hoping he would use some of his own style throughout the making of the cue. After the order I contacted him a few days later and I had asked him about a thin ring I saw in one of his cue photos and I told him it looks like a green ring, but he said its actually a thin silver ring and that it just glares that way, He quickly added that he could do some veneer wafers in green if I wanted. I thought It could be similar to what I had thought I saw but he was sort of stubborn about the change like he didnt like talking very much unless I wanted to order another cue so once again I just said OK to the green wafers and didnt push it anymore, I just want a nice new cue and I dont know the guy personally, his business is his business and so I left it alone... Im still expecting a beautiful cue and I cant wait to play with it.. The cue I have been using for the past 5 yrs or so is an oversize Miltonio 59" Tulipwood wrapless and This time I wanted to go back to standard length.. Even though I agree with Miltonio that the oversize is perfect for a 9ft table, I dont always have access to 9feet tables and sometimes I like to play bar tournaments and I would like to have this standard cue to use so My butt doesnt stick out too much. Im also 5'7" tall and now after playing with this cue I think that oversize cues are actually for taller players. I also notice that I Choke up on the cue a lot because I shoot quickly without aiming, you know when you play at a lot of bars you want to get your shot off before some guy on the table next to you sticks his butt in the way and bumps your cue.. Of course Im so good I dont really have to aim anymore.. haha let me know what you think it will look like and I will show it sometime next week, I have a nice 14 megapix camera on my phone its not bad, I will also show my Miltonio cue next to it. I also ordered a new Black Longoni Shuttle cue case for my new cue, I use the Longoni Beige for my Miltonio it is great, I never worry about my cue being damaged..