Gus Szamboti 70's

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
"I think He is trying for 50 times what he paid
I don't know but when I recently contacted him to discuss the cue in person (phone call), he said he'd rather discuss through pm... My interest in the cue, which was very serious, was immediately gone.... Good luck to him

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
40 times is the number which is many thousands of $$ less than 50 times
I thought you were asking 20 K FOR YOUR CUE....
I thought I read -you paid $$ 400.00 for the cue ?
50 x $ 400.00 is $$ 20,000.00
With a rare cue like yours, not impossible "
But the market is definitely soft right now-
You may have to list on a popular site,
known for selling Big $$ cues too
I missed the boat on a VERY RARE Ebony frt Gus , rosewood points, Piloted ivory joint ,
here in Tulsa about 4 years ago-
didn't have the $$

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I missed the boat on a VERY RARE Ebony frt Gus , rosewood points, Piloted ivory joint ,
didn't have the $$

Well, let's put it into perspective. Here is a loaded Gus. Original paperwork, original shipping tube, 4 shafts. Dead straight.

I would not get $20k for it today, the market is more than "soft"

Photos:

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
didn't have the $$

I am not asking 20,000. Not sure where you came up with that. What is the name of " a popular site known for selling big $$ cues". If there is such a site that would be helpful. Thanks in advance for your input.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am not asking 20,000. Not sure where you came up with that. What is the name of " a popular site known for selling big $$ cues". If there is such a site that would be helpful. Thanks in advance for your input.
I like Joe at Classic Cues,
I also like Jamie at New2youqs
& Bill Grassley at Cornerstones cues-
All of these men get high end cues,
and sell them too"
I know Joe and Mark Kulungian always get the NICE Bushka cues and Szamboti,

Same With Jamie and Bill Grassley

I have personally bought, sold and traded with ese Men
Always a great , positive experience

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
You could've been made aware of of those sites, dealers, and much more information. At the same time, you also would've realized you had a buyer, at your price, but you didn't realize that buyer may be right in front of you. A simple one on one conversation to find that out was asked and you turned that down.... There aren't many of us out here left that'll pay retail to satisfy our personal nostalgia. That said, many are also very fickle and as said earlier in this thread, if you keep "shopping" you'll loose even more of those real buyers. My advice is, keep enjoying your great cue because in my personal opionion, I think you're pulling everones chain and really don't wan't to sell.

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One interesting thing about the photocopy of the page from Gus's order book is that there are about 5 other names and details about their cues as well. There was another guy from Ohio! I see what looks like a price of 160.00 listed next to three of them and 180.00 listed next to another. There is no price listed next to mine, just a description about the extras the cue has.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
One interesting thing about the photocopy of the page from Gus's order book is that there are about 5 other names and details about their cues as well. There was another guy from Ohio! I see what looks like a price of 160.00 listed next to three of them and 180.00 listed next to another. There is no price listed next to mine, just a description about the extras the cue has.
Neat

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I took another look at the photocopy of Gus's order book and I think the prices of 160.00 and 180.00 make sense to me. My memory has been jogged from looking at this and I am certain that I paid 380.00 for the cue itself plus some shipping which is why I always just said 400. Mine came with an extra shaft which was probably 60.00 or so leaving an extra 150.00 give or take for the fancy extras. It is amazing to think you could buy a Gus Szamboti cue brand new for just 160.00 in the 1970s. Those were the good old days :)

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
I like Joe at Classic Cues,
I also like Jamie at New2youqs
& Bill Grassley at Cornerstones cues-
All of these men get high end cues,
and sell them too"
I know Joe and Mark Kulungian always get the NICE Bushka cues and Szamboti,

Same With Jamie and Bill Grassley

I have personally bought, sold and traded with ese Men
Always a great , positive experience
Thank you. But for a dealer, a cue that has been subject to the conversation this one has is a no win situation. I wish the seller good luck.

Joe

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. But for a dealer, a cue that has been subject to the conversation this one has is a no win situation. I wish the seller good luck.

Joe
I am thinking about selling one of the three shafts that came with my Gus making what I have left a little more affordable for someone since it would be a normal 2 shaft cue. Any idea on what the price of a Gus shaft is in today's market? Thanks

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I am thinking about selling one of the three shafts that came with my Gus making what I have left a little more affordable for someone since it would be a normal 2 shaft cue. Any idea on what the price of a Gus shaft is in today's market? Thanks

Lol

Keep the package together, breaking it up will cost you much more than the few hundred dollars you'll gain from the shaft sale