Gus Szamboti cue - Need estimated value, approximate year made, other info. PM offers it will be for sale.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gus Szamboti cue.
Will have 2 or 3 three shafts.
Lacquer is worn in areas, yellowed.
Leather wrap worn with a few blemishes.
Cue is straight and no dings in the forearm or buttsleeve.

I'd like a fair estimate of value.
Estimated year it was made.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Attach0(4).jpg
    Attach0(4).jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 399
  • Attach0(2).jpg
    Attach0(2).jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 406
  • Attach0(3).jpg
    Attach0(3).jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 405

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you sir.
Classic style...hard to believe this is a 50 year old cue. The masters made great designs.

Anybody wants this, I need some good offers. The gentleman who has it knows what he has.
He also knows the market is not what it was and condition of the cue detracts as well.
That said, they aren't making any more of these.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you sir.
Classic style...hard to believe this is a 50 year old cue. The masters made great designs.

Anybody wants this, I need some good offers. The gentleman who has it knows what he has.
He also knows the market is not what it was and condition of the cue detracts as well.
That said, they aren't making any more of these.
Who wouldn't want this beauty.

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should get a lot of private messages about this cue. I received a few hundred on mine along with a lot of help out in the open in this forum. Good looking cue!

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
You should get a lot of private messages about this cue. I received a few hundred on mine along with a lot of help out in the open in this forum. Good looking cue!
Hopefully the seller will hear all the recieved info, if they really do want to sell, and "listen" to today's market. If not, and are only testing the market like some, they'll find themselves in a similar situation as some...

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I think it would be better for you to show some more pictures. The joint, the shaft collars, buttplate, length of everything, including shafts and diameters of the shafts. You've left out a tremendous amount of information if you are a serious seller.

All the best,
WW

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be better for you to show some more pictures. The joint, the shaft collars, buttplate, length of everything, including shafts and diameters of the shafts. You've left out a tremendous amount of information if you are a serious seller.

All the best,
WW

I don’t believe the OP said he was selling it. Just asking for some info.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gus Szamboti cue.
Will have 2 or 3 three shafts.
Lacquer is worn in areas, yellowed.
Leather wrap worn with a few blemishes.
Cue is straight and no dings in the forearm or buttsleeve.

I'd like a fair estimate of value.
Estimated year it was made.

Thanks.
I would estimate a value of around $11,500 if it has 3 shafts and $10,500 if it has only 2 shafts

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wednesday afternoon I will have the cue again.
Will take all measurements and bunch of photos.

Seller will give me his bottom line price. It will be listed by Thursday at what will be a fair asking price. No nonsense sale with a intermediary known seller if required to broker the deal.

To me it is a sin to have a cue like this just sitting unplayed so someday his wife sells it in a yard sale! This cue is a player and should be out there seeing action.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Free information is worth what you pay for it. Another thread where someone doesn't want to leave money on the table, and cannot price his own stuff, and wants other people to do it for free. So you get protected with no reward to those who offer up this advice. Now you know why we take the stance we take on these sorts of things. Does anyone here think that they will price it for him at lets say 15k (made up number) and have a chance to buy it for 10? It never happens, ever. Then the guys who do give him numbers have ZERO intention of buying, and can say anything they want because their T-Rex arms never have to grab the bank card.
Sorry for the cynicism, buts its deserved.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Free information is worth what you pay for it. Another thread where someone doesn't want to leave money on the table, and cannot price his own stuff, and wants other people to do it for free. So you get protected with no reward to those who offer up this advice. Now you know why we take the stance we take on these sorts of things. Does anyone here think that they will price it for him at lets say 15k (made up number) and have a chance to buy it for 10? It never happens, ever. Then the guys who do give him numbers have ZERO intention of buying, and can say anything they want because their T-Rex arms never have to grab the bank card.
Sorry for the cynicism, buts its deserved.
Go jump off a cliff hero....

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you could read I'm going to list everything in a for sale thread after getting specs tomorrow. Big time cue dealer throwing shade on me....what will I do???
I'm selling it for an old timer, as a favor. Sold plenty of high end cues and know plenty. I don't take shit from guys like yourself.

Last edited:

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you could read I'm going to list everything in a for sale thread after getting specs tomorrow. Big time cue dealer throwing shade on me....what will I do???
I'm selling it for an old timer, as a favor. Sold plenty of high end cues and know plenty. I don't take shit from guys like yourself.
Give em some heat
flame his_azz_7.jpgflame his_azz_5.jpgflame his_azz_4.jpg

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Get your pool room open damnit!!! All this time off and nothing to do.

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what happened with this cue? Was it ever put up for sale as the original poster said he would?