Had to spawn another shaft

TipWilson

No matching Kamui available. So I had an old school Elk Master soft installed.
Yet to shoot with it.
Ultraskin assortment to the rescue.

D2KJtwM.jpg

The elk master was just ok.

The TAOM chalk is a keeper!

TipWilson

Picked up an 11.8 Revo.
Wanted to see how it compares to the 12.3 Jacoby Black.

V4sHgtw.jpg

I knew it was a keeper after the first 5 minutes of use.
Experienced noticeably less deflection. Swapped back to the Black shaft to confirm.

Soon the Revo and Z are getting Ultraskin mediums.
Hard Hitter on the Black for breaking.

Now I need to spawn another butt. Lol. Might grab a uniloc Champion cue for the wife's bday. Wink wink.

Last edited:

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Hard Times in Sacramento CA.

Fortunately most are not wearing masks these days.

Not sure how fortunate it is but its pool players I don't expect them to.
I'll put it this way, I won't attending any league nights but I'll go in at opening and
leave when the crowd starts coming in. Sad its this way but it is what it is.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Nice,
you should try shooting defensive style, draw and fire without aiming as fast as you can and see if you hit.

The guy that gets lead contact first generally wins.

Thursday.
Range time with 9mm iron sight CZs, and a green DOT Gwock. 8 yards

RYA501I.jpg

TipWilson

Nice,
you should try shooting defensive style, draw and fire without aiming as fast as you can and see if you hit.

The guy that gets lead contact first generally wins.
Mostly accuracy shooting. But I do a little double tapping and rapid fire at the range. Ammo goes quick! Cheaper to shoot pool. Lol

No holster allowed for common man at my range. I think CCW and LEO are allowed to holster draw.

Use a Mantis X10 app and sensor for live range and dry fire drills at home. Just for hobby, and home defense.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Mostly accuracy shooting. But I do a little double tapping and rapid fire at the range. Ammo goes quick! Cheaper to shoot pool. Lol

No holster allowed for common man at my range. I think CCW and LEO are allowed to holster draw.

Use a Mantis X10 app and sensor for live range and dry fire drills at home. Just for hobby, and home defense.

Funny story:

I worked for the Prison System and each year we had to qualify and this went on for years I retired with 30 so for 29 years I had to qualify
with pistol, rifle and shotgun.

We shot at 5 yds back to 25 yds with the pistol and since I used to bow hunt with no sights I kinda know how that works with a pistol.

I was going through a bad time with some medication somewhere around age 38 and the Dr. was switching me around on this and that
to see how I did with and she puts me on this medicine that had my nerves on edge all the time not that I was nervous but that I was
really on top of things and my reflexes were fast if I wanted them to be.

So we're at the range and the instructor has 10 of us in different lines and he is calling out the instructions as to when to fire, how many rounds and what to do with weapon.

I do what I always do which is go into gunfighter mentality which means I try to draw and fire before whomever I might get into a fire fight
with at least would be facing someone that knew how to fire under those conditions and hopefully I would end up on top of things.

The instructor blows the whistle and I'm all jacked up on this medication. First time I hear the whistle go off I'm going for my S&W MP
40 cal and shooting my rounds. I had already shot 2 rounds by the time the guy was done blowing the whistle and was empty before the
entire line starting shooting. I wasn't doing much aiming until we got back to the 15 yrd line. At the 5- and 10-yard line my groups were all
together.

Range master and the others with him didn't say squat but he came over behind me to see what the hell I was doing.

I ran the whole course that way.

After I was done, he said its always fun to watch you shoot because you shoot instinctive but where in the hell did you learn to shoot like that?

I told him I was feeling bad and I just wanted it over with. lol

The Dr. changed my medication a few weeks later and I wasn't a gunfighter anymore.....

TipWilson

Funny story:

I worked for the Prison System and each year we had to qualify and this went on for years I retired with 30 so for 29 years I had to qualify
with pistol, rifle and shotgun.

We shot at 5 yds back to 25 yds with the pistol and since I used to bow hunt with no sights I kinda know how that works with a pistol.

I was going through a bad time with some medication somewhere around age 38 and the Dr. was switching me around on this and that
to see how I did with and she puts me on this medicine that had my nerves on edge all the time not that I was nervous but that I was
really on top of things and my reflexes were fast if I wanted them to be.

So we're at the range and the instructor has 10 of us in different lines and he is calling out the instructions as to when to fire, how many rounds and what to do with weapon.

I do what I always do which is go into gunfighter mentality which means I try to draw and fire before whomever I might get into a fire fight
with at least would be facing someone that knew how to fire under those conditions and hopefully I would end up on top of things.

The instructor blows the whistle and I'm all jacked up on this medication. First time I hear the whistle go off I'm going for my S&W MP
40 cal and shooting my rounds. I had already shot 2 rounds by the time the guy was done blowing the whistle and was empty before the
entire line starting shooting. I wasn't doing much aiming until we got back to the 15 yrd line. At the 5- and 10-yard line my groups were all
together.

Range master and the others with him didn't say squat but he came over behind me to see what the hell I was doing.

I ran the whole course that way.

After I was done, he said its always fun to watch you shoot because you shoot instinctive but where in the hell did you learn to shoot like that?

I told him I was feeling bad and I just wanted it over with. lol

The Dr. changed my medication a few weeks later and I wasn't a gunfighter anymore.....
You were in some kinda Beast mode! So where do I get these meds? (Just kiddin)

I know a couple guys who work at Folsom Prison. As an IT guy (35 yrs) I once supported a bunch of prison audit/investigator staff. Most were retired law enforcement. They regularly went to the range to keep current, sometimes they would drag the IT guy along and show me a few techniques.

I had quit going shooting while raising my 2 sons. Empty nester now. Game on.

heresy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do like the Jacoby Black shaft. Works well for me. I only sold mine because the joint diameter was a bit larger than standard.
I’ve had the Becue Prime M, Spartan, Cuetec Cynergy, Jacoby BlaCk, and Koda Bull and I think the Jacoby played the best.

I primarily use a Koda Bull because of the interchangeable joints, but if I’m shooting with my Schön R10 I still use the Jacoby.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Chalk explosions.

Cool videos. Would have loved to see how Master did but most of us know that chalk works if you use it.
Some has more long lasting effects if you forget to use it.
Its interesting to see the chalk explode from the tip but I would guess the harder the tip less chalk youre
going to get on the tip to start off with which will coincide with how much leaves the tip when hitting the ball.

I have recently tried the cheapest tip you can get that is as soft as possible just to see how they do. Not even sure
what they are but the guy that did them could tell me. They are very soft and I think are Blue Diamonds. They needed
some work after playing in but since then they are doing great. The hit of the tip to me is the most important thing even
if it has little effect on spin etc. because its the thing that helps you hang onto your feel.

Great Post!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Retired, getting back to the tables after 20+ years of inactivity.

Wanted to try something different, so I grabbed a new Jacoby shaft. Just arrived today. Tomorrow I'll get my first test drive.

I do ok with my gen1 Predator Z shaft, but felt the urge to get something new. I have very little experience trying different cues/tips.

wgMdTY6.jpg

R1gDgEQ.jpg

Predator uniloc butt.
0qeIaOs.jpg

Old school butt weight.
SIGsfxb.jpg

Purchased this combo around year 2000. 30" shaft.
uAFMoVn.jpg
I think the Predator SPs are the best hitting of all the Predators. Not ready for CF shafts though….….
………they‘ll have to come with one that my shafts can’t do.

TipWilson

Grabbed an econo uniloc jointed Champion cue for the occasions when the wife plays. 18.5oz.

I'll use the butt with my break shaft.

pITuER4.jpg

HcH79L2.jpg

With 11" bullet.
AVWbtMt.jpg

Last edited:

TipWilson

Had a chance to play with the new cheapo Champion shaft. Amazingly low deflection. Outperforms my original Z shaft! but it needs an ultraskin.

Corner Pocket Sports Bar
XYuF1oG.jpg

Buffalo chicken salad. Yum
WAoYmAF.jpg

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it was straight. That’s about the only thing good about aluminum cues. The feel, and sound just wasn’t at all like good ole wood. I had no problems with aluminum baseball bats, but I see why aluminum never caught on in the pool world.
I owned a similar aluminum cue in the early 70’s. I agree with everything you said. I would add that I also liked it because the tips were screwed on and easy to find. I played on a community table where the house cues had no tips. The aluminum cue was better than those house cues.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I owned a similar aluminum cue in the early 70’s. I agree with everything you said. I would add that I also liked it because the tips were screwed on and easy to find. I played on a community table where the house cues had no tips. The aluminum cue was better than those house cues.

I knew a guy that had a Schmelke Cue with screw on tips. He used it like a hustle. He would change tips during a game to seem like a putz then he would dominate the table. Worked really well for him