Had to spawn another shaft

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew a guy that had a Schmelke Cue with screw on tips. He used it like a hustle. He would change tips during a game to seem like a putz then he would dominate the table. Worked really well for him
I replaced the aluminum cue with a cue that had a pine shaft. Not much better than the aluminum.

I figure that the next fads in cue shafts will be either aluminum or pine claiming that they are Ultra LD. My old cue will probably be worth thousands and I’ll be stuck playing with my Szamboti and Schick shafts.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I replaced the aluminum cue with a cue that had a pine shaft. Not much better than the aluminum.

I figure that the next fads in cue shafts will be either aluminum or pine claiming that they are Ultra LD. My old cue will probably be worth thousands and I’ll be stuck playing with my Szamboti and Schick shafts.

I doubt it. lol

TipWilson

Decided to grab a dedicated break cue. Another econo uniloc from local supplier.

TipWilson

lzWZBEm.jpg

IA0J0u3.jpg

HCqsrd6.jpg

Gunsmith moly for joint lube.

TipWilson

F. Gotta learn to jump to keep up...

Econo 3pc jump/break. Nice linen wrap. Funky zebra.

iRCCGs5.jpg

Not sure about keeping the Phenolic marble tip
QGF1XbZ.jpg

TipWilson

Gifted a round of the v10.

DtQum2O.jpg

Applied after stripping my tip of previous chalk. Yet to play with it.

Mostly using the Jacoby.

When I do use it... Interesting how the Z shaft color looks odd, thick, and feels like rough lumber compared to the carbon shaft.

(Sarcasm)
What a ripoff! My v10 only lasted 11 months of abuse. 😆
20230626_162751.jpg

TipWilson

Dig my new case. They call it a 3x6. Glad I only need to carry 2x3. Or 2x4.

Seems way too tight with 3 butts - crammed and things start rubbing together.

20230701_144256.jpg

20230701_144556.jpg

20230701_144640.jpg

Breaker candy.
20230701_145030.jpg

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
BLT w monster heirloom

View attachment 713146

Mom's kitty. Rosie girl.
View attachment 713147
I’ve really enjoyed your posts, sharing your journey in catching up with the explosion of carbon fiber shafts, $25 chalks, and extensions. As an insane collector, i have entirely too many of all of these. I don’t recall seeing a jump cue in your photos.

Not that I’m complaining, but did you mean to put the BLT and cat photos on some other site like Facebook maybe? Food and pets are half my posts.

Keep the cat and the BLT off the pool table. Ask me how I know.