Harry Sexton Stories...Might as well hear them too!!!

macneilb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just started a thread on Weldon Rogers stories...so that got me to thinkin' - how about some stories on Poochy Sexton! Another great player from the midwest... iF anybody has any good tales about Harry I'd love to hear em! Cheers :rolleyes:

dirtydog48

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there is

a story about Corn Bread coming to Flint to rob Harry (he could never beat Harry) with a super hot stripper to distract Poochie. She sat at the corner of the table and every time Harry shot her way, she spread her legs. Story goes that Harry left with the girl and the cash. He confirmed the story years later to me at Ted Hosea's old Hit-n-Run.

soniauke

Registered
Poochie

there's gotta be someone around here with some good tales of poochie

Poochie taught me how to play. When I met him, I was about 16, and he was in his fifties. Being a girl, it was REALLY tough to get anyone to take me seriously. I wanted to learn EVERYTHING about pool however, in the beginning, he seemed to have other things in mind. I had to make it crystal clear to him (on more than one occasion) that I wanted to hang with him to learn everything he could show me about pool, and nothing else. I did hang out with him for a few years, and he did end up teaching me almost everything about pool that I now know. He showed me not only the game, but also took me to places like the Rack, in Detroit. Hanging out with him was an education that someone like me (who came from an extremely protected and sheltered environment) would never have otherwise experienced. He was a great 9-ball player with an AMAZING break. I will always remember him fondly.

stouter2386

how about the 5 out ?
Silver Member
I hope someone has some stories to tell because im sure his brother would be thrilled to read this

The Captain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
there is

a story about Corn Bread coming to Flint to rob Harry (he could never beat Harry) with a super hot stripper to distract Poochie. She sat at the corner of the table and every time Harry shot her way, she spread her legs. Story goes that Harry left with the girl and the cash. He confirmed the story years later to me at Ted Hosea's old Hit-n-Run.
I can confirm. I hung out at The Rack, AND Hit N Run on the outskirts of Flint. I was playing with Red 3 nights before that faithful night. I played mostly in Flint, but was also a regular at the Rack. Ted Hosea’s ol lady sold me the stick he special ordered….. but I digress… I WAS THERE that night…. Was at the early days of Hit n Run. Poochie DID INDEED rob Billy (C. Red) that night. BUT, about 3 months later, I brought Harry down to The Rack…. Jew Paul took 3k off ME. 🤬 backing Harry. About a month later… Harry and I came back and took over 10 off Paul, Rosie, and a cat we all knew as Airplane Bill. Never knew anything about him other than they called him Airplane Bill. After that… Poochie (Harry gave a few lessons around Flint n faded off.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can confirm. I hung out at The Rack, AND Hit N Run on the outskirts of Flint. I was playing with Red 3 nights before that faithful night. I played mostly in Flint, but was also a regular at the Rack. Ted Hosea’s ol lady sold me the stick he special ordered….. but I digress… I WAS THERE that night…. Was at the early days of Hit n Run. Poochie DID INDEED rob Billy (C. Red) that night. BUT, about 3 months later, I brought Harry down to The Rack…. Jew Paul took 3k off ME. 🤬 backing Harry. About a month later… Harry and I came back and took over 10 off Paul, Rosie, and a cat we all knew as Airplane Bill. Never knew anything about him other than they called him Airplane Bill. After that… Poochie (Harry gave a few lessons around Flint n faded off.
Too bad they tore The Rack down. Should be a pool museum of some sort.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just started a thread on Weldon Rogers stories...so that got me to thinkin' - how about some stories on Poochy Sexton! Another great player from the midwest... iF anybody has any good tales about Harry I'd love to hear em! Cheers :rolleyes:
The real story was that Harry was hung ...and had a following.