Has anyone matched ring work on a revo yet?

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
...I know there have been plenty of them converted so far, including my own. Curious if any cuemakers ventured into matching up rings on them yet?

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...I know there have been plenty of them converted so far, including my own. Curious if any cuemakers ventured into matching up rings on them yet?

That is one of the issues with c.f. shafts for the time being. I guess it could be done if you're ready to accept the risks and lose the warranty which might be already the case after convertion of the joint. After two hours of testing Revo I did like how it played and it made not so bad pair as for the look too with my full spliced butt where the forearm is african blackwood and the joint is carbon fiber but it would look better with no ring at the joint on the butt (IMO).
So If I ever decide to get the cf.shaft I'll better build the cue butt to match the shaft with forearm wood and joint material to make a good combo with the shaft and with no rings to be in harmony.
One more issue for me ...carbon fiber shaft being black makes it not as neutral looking as oldschool wooden shaft and for somebody who is perfectionist when it comes to design it makes the designing of the cue a little bit more complicated. With a wooden shaft any nice butt you like will look great which is not the case with cf...imo

Attachments

• rps20181208_234728.jpg
    rps20181208_234728.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 181
  • rps20181208_235118.jpg
    rps20181208_235118.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20180314_212323 (Копировать).jpg
    IMG_20180314_212323 (Копировать).jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 184
Last edited: