Hauling slate advice needed asap

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
Im looking at a table I may try to get this weekend. I would be hauling it in a trailer. Is it ok to lay the slates flat with moving blankets between them or should they be on their edge while being transported?

Thanks for any advise you can give. It is a 9' table.

Woody

seb1899

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sure you will get a mor knowledgeable answer than mine but I moved my 5 x 10 centennial snooker table from Florida to N.C with the slates flat in the bed of my 3/4 T P/U. They were framed so there was a
barrirer between.

When I was contemplating a purchase of a 6 x 12 from Toronto the consenus was that they should be on their edge.

I think the slate should be in the smoothest riding vehicle and look out for pot holes!

rrich1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Transported mine in a trailor. We actually put the frame down first, slate on top of that, and then pit the rails (still together with the side skirts and pockets) over it to hold it together during the move. Placed blankets and card board on to and set the legs on top. Drove an hour and a half with no problems and nothing moved. This was a gold crown 3 btw

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
That seems like a great Idea. Ive seen installers take the rails off still together on gold crowns, I wonder if a Diamond could be done in the same way?

I have to see if they have someone that can help me load the slates, it appears to be in a garage with easy access. But I still dont know if my weak old a$$ can handle half the weight of a piece of slate LOL.

Woody

9-ball B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
transporting slates

I have transported tables cross country just laying them flat in the bed of the truck directly on top of each other. Make sure you pull all the staples(if the cloth was stapled) from the underside of the slate backer in where the cloth is stapled in the pockets. You don't want to put deep scratches in the slates from sliding them on to each other. And fyi, the Diamond slates are some of the heaviest ever. Good luck