Have anyone read: COOK, R. C Pool. Trick Shots. Thousand's Won and Lost on These Trick Shots Book?

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
COOK, R. C

Pool. Trick Shots. Thousand's Won and Lost on These Trick Shots. Complete Glossary of Billiard Terms​

Alief, Texas: Rick Publishing Company, 1978. [First Edition]. Original wraps. 12mo., pp. 114, illustrated with diagrams.

Cook Book.jpg

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't have that and it seems neither does Shamos. Judging from its location and date I doubt that it contains anything beyond
Hood
Byrne
Kimura
Venom
Massey
Margo
Caras
Mosconi
Jopling
Mingaud
Varner
the modern artistic pool competition and some other well known trick shot author I've forgotten.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a rehash of Jopling's proposition bets -- the year would have fit.

That having been said, I'd like to get a copy.

Add to the list above, this video:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw the book on Lonesomewaterbooks.com website for $95.00.... Not there now must been sold!! inside book diagram page....But then that might be the backcover showing!
r cook.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bbb

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Saw the book on Lonesomewaterbooks.com website for $95.00.... Not there now must been sold!! inside book diagram page
Looks like nice, accurate diagrams -- much better than a lot of trick shot books. That's a take I haven't seen before for the railroad shot, but there are many different versions of it.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
…wonder what pool book collecting sleezedog swooped in to get it.

Lou Figueroa
dastardly, I say!

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I will be making my annual contribution to the pro pool player retirement fund (PPPRF) and playing in the 1pocket.

Lou Figueroa
I have a funny feeling you're going to do quite well this year Lou!!
I'll send some positive JuJu your way from the cheap seats!!🤣

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have a funny feeling you're going to do quite well this year Lou!!
I'll send some positive JuJu your way from the cheap seats!!🤣
I'll be happy to hold on to that contribution for ya, until you win it!!
Might be awhile.🤣🤣
Just kidding Lou. You can play with any of those guys and you know it.