Have Burnt Umber Juma Rod Ready To Ship!

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
After more than a year of putting this together I finally have in my possession and ready to ship Burnt Umber Juma Rod. Straight from the Juma factory in Germany. $33 a foot for butt size, $18 for joint and $10 for ferrule. Plus actual shipping costs. Sizes are on photo. I have the list from last spring when I was pre determining interest and if I don't hear from those people I will contact them shortly. I have quite a bit but the supply has a limit and not sure if this will come around again. First come first serve. Thanks!

004 [1600x1200].JPG

fab944

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’d like 3ft of the ferrule size, please.
If available.
Thank you.

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
I am very sorry to have to inform that after machining this Juma, the material unlike the other colors we are used to, is not color fast. I have tried all of our traditional finishes and none of them
bring this back to the beautiful color of the rods prior to machining. It is a more washed out tan looking color. Therefore I will not be sending any of it out. I wanted to do this prior to selling any of it and am glad that I did although the result is disappointing.

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
This is what it looks like with a CA finish on it. comparing the end to the rest of the rod. Still a pretty nice color butt less crisp than the bare rod. Just a different shade of brown. Hard to see in a photo but obvious to the naked eye. Having expectations be different than the finished product is my big concern. All it would take is one or two cue builders to make my life hell. Don't need that for sure.

With full disclosure I am still happy to send it out to anyone who would like to use it. It's nice material but this is how it will turn out.
002 [1600x1200].JPG

Just be aware of how it finishes out.

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is what it looks like with a CA finish on it. comparing the end to the rest of the rod. Still a pretty nice color butt less crisp than the bare rod. Just a different shade of brown. Hard to see in a photo but obvious to the naked eye. Having expectations be different than the finished product is my big concern. All it would take is one or two cue builders to make my life hell. Don't need that for sure.

With full disclosure I am still happy to send it out to anyone who would like to use it. It's nice material but this is how it will turn out. View attachment 732761

Just be aware of how it finishes out.
I will still follow through with my order.

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must be getting color blind with age?

But good for you for being right up front with your concerns.
I can't see a difference. Will it age back? UV light? does it just need a bit finer polish before coating?

Not a customer - if i ever get this room done and skiing does not interfere too much, i want to experiment with a specific different plastic.
But i'd certainly buy from you if looking for burnt umber Juma. Best of luck after all that effort.

smt

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I must be getting color blind with age?

But good for you for being right up front with your concerns.
I can't see a difference. Will it age back? UV light? does it just need a bit finer polish before coating?

Not a customer - if i ever get this room done and skiing does not interfere too much, i want to experiment with a specific different plastic.
But i'd certainly buy from you if looking for burnt umber Juma. Best of luck after all that effort.

smt
John is as honest as they come. Probably to a fault. I would have zero issues doing business with him. If/when you pull the trigger, you will be in good hands.
😎

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
The first order of Brown Juma has shipped. There is still some left if you would like to try it. $33 per foot for butt size. $18 for Joint and $10 for ferule. Plus actual shipping. This likely will not come around again!

Hard Knock Cues

The first order of Brown Juma has shipped. There is still some left if you would like to try it. $33 per foot for butt size. $18 for Joint and $10 for ferule. Plus actual shipping. This likely will not come around again!
Mine arrived today ( yes USPS delivered on a Sunday) and it's nice looking stuff, it's giving me lots of artistic ideas. The questions are:
1. Is this big order you made a one off or something you will do again?
2. Do I need to stock up now?
Thanks
Robert

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
Mine arrived today ( yes USPS delivered on a Sunday) and it's nice looking stuff, it's giving me lots of artistic ideas. The questions are:
1. Is this big order you made a one off or something you will do again?
2. Do I need to stock up now?
Thanks
Robert
It's a long story how I got here but there is a very good chance this will be a one off. I won't be ordering any more. I did this project as a feeler for the pool cue building community. If people like it there may be more and maybe even different colors but not from me. I build cues and have no ambition to be a Juma salesman. I still have some left to offer from this batch.

PracticeChampion

It's a long story how I got here but there is a very good chance this will be a one off. I won't be ordering any more. I did this project as a feeler for the pool cue building community. If people like it there may be more and maybe even different colors but not from me. I build cues and have no ambition to be a Juma salesman. I still have some left to offer from this batch.
I'd like 2' of butt and joint