Help ID a couple of Joss

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The simple design of segmented diamonds in black rounds is from 2004 according to the serial number etched in the joint.

The somewhat more elaborate white in black with large segmented diamonds is from 2002.

Just hoping someone could help give a model number to each.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210613_223234.jpg
    20210613_223234.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210613_223112.jpg
    20210613_223112.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 125

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The simple design of segmented diamonds in black rounds is from 2004 according to the serial number etched in the joint.

The somewhat more elaborate white in black with large segmented diamonds is from 2002.

Just hoping someone could help give a model number to each.

Thanks
joss did away with their on-line archive. easiest thing is to just contact them directly. just curious, why does the model # matter? both those were just standard non-custom cues. UD: Google search in 5seconds- left cue is JS-01. no pics of other one that i can tell.

Last edited:

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If the JOS01 you found on google was the one for sale on every billiard supply site, it is not the same. But thanks.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the JOS01 you found on google was the one for sale on every billiard supply site, it is not the same. But thanks.
All you show is the butt-sleeve. Its a 01 based on what you show. They made that cue for quite a while in all different stains.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Looks the same, they had that model for years.

The other may be a variance they did for vendors, I don't remember seeing that block inlay type in a standard catalog.

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I stated it has a serial number etched in the joint. The letter following JOSS is an E which means it was made in 2004. There is no logo on the butt cap.

Thought it better to ask here first as Mr Janes is running a business.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stated it has a serial number etched in the joint. The letter following JOSS is an E which means it was made in 2004. There is no logo on the butt cap.

Thought it better to ask here first as Mr Janes is running a business.

It's still the same model from 2004 just with a different logo design. They had that design with the inlays in the buttcap since I can remember seeing their stuff in the 90s.

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Certainly, designs recur through new catalog no matter the company. There is, however, a certain cachet to owning a vintage cue vs the most recent iteration.

The playing quality is not a question. Every Joss I have used has been exactly similar to every other Joss I used.