Help New York pool halls in their effort to re-open.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are guidelines to follow for reopening and more importantly, for remaining open.
When the virus infections start to resurge in certain communities, then actions are taken.
Otherwise we are back to square one or this will never end even after a vaccine gets here.

Why is that? Because vaccines are not 100% and people vaccinated can still become infected.
Although the vaccine helps with recovering from the virus, it doesn’t prevent spreading the virus.
So even vaccinated people can spread the virus. We need national compliance or this never ends.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poolhalls in NJ and CT are open, but the Governor of NY isn't following allowing pool halls in NY to open.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/25qqeu50pc
Every state is different, including some bordering states that are drastically different. We have a pool room / grill in northwestern North Carolina, very close to the Tennessee border. We get quite busy in here with diners in the eating area, which overlooks the pool playing area. A few minutes ago, I politely informed a pool playing customer (who is from Tennessee) that he needed to wear a mask whenever we are busy enough that other customers will be within 10 to 15 feet of the table. He packed his cue up and left immediately. You can’t please everyone.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuomo doesn't seem to recognize pool halls as a business.

In NY there are 3 franchises of the Canadian owned Bad Axe Throwing bar and restaurant of the 30 they have in the US. They are all open with the assistance of the Empire State Development group who also make the guidelines. So what the hell is any different between a pool hall and a bunch of jamokes throwing axes into a wall?

Most pool halls do not recognize King Cuomo any more than he doesn't recognize us. Pool halls are one of the very last businesses not yet allowed to reopen.... Because we have zero political clout. People will do as they always have in times of crisis to survive.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In NY there are 3 franchises of the Canadian owned Bad Axe Throwing bar and restaurant of the 30 they have in the US. They are all open with the assistance of the Empire State Development group who also make the guidelines. So what the hell is any different between a pool hall and a bunch of jamokes throwing axes into a wall.

Most pool halls do not recognize King Cuomo any more than he doesn't recognize us. Pool halls are one of the very last businesses yet allowed to reopen.... Because we have zero political clout.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In NY there are 3 franchises of the Canadian owned Bad Axe Throwing bar and restaurant of the 30 they have in the US. They are all open with the assistance of the Empire State Development group who also make the guidelines. So what the hell is any different between a pool hall and a bunch of jamokes throwing axes into a wall.

Most pool halls do not recognize King Cuomo any more than he doesn't recognize us. Pool halls are one of the very last businesses yet allowed to reopen.... Because we have zero political clout.

True, ALL Venues thst serve alcohol should be closed ...or alcohol In those venues not be served at this time.

Drinking and social distancing do not mix well. I saw this at our local pool hall that is open. I will not return.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True, ALL Venues thst serve alcohol should be closed ...or alcohol In those venues not be served at this time.

Drinking and social distancing do not mix well. I saw this at our local pool hall that is open. I will not return.

This is all bullshit in the end.
Safe to go to Walmart...can't go to church.

People need to stop being sheep.
There is no evidence anything we are doing has made any difference.

Odds are this burns out just like other near misses.
There will be a supervirus that kills s billion people... This is not it.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is all bullshit in the end.
Safe to go to Walmart...can't go to church.

People need to stop being sheep.
There is no evidence anything we are doing has made any difference.

Odds are this burns out just like other near misses.
There will be a supervirus that kills s billion people... This is not it.

As stated. I agree with recent action in many European cities. Bars should be closed.

Alcohol and responsible behavior do not mix. People start to talk louder, get bolder and all good intentions start to go by the wayside.

I have no issue with billiards being played at our community center. No alcohol is served.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As stated. I agree with recent action in many European cities. Bars should be closed.

Alcohol and responsible behavior do not mix. People start to talk louder, get bolder and all good intentions start to go by the wayside.

I have no issue with billiards being played at our community center. No alcohol is served.

What’s going on here at Buffalo’s, Black Diamond in Spokane, and other places, is the Democratic Kings are allowing drinking at the bar and restaurants but you aren’t allowed to play pool. Stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because vaccines are not 100% and people vaccinated can still become infected.
Although the vaccine helps with recovering from the virus, it doesn’t prevent spreading the virus.
So even vaccinated people can spread the virus. We need national compliance or this never ends.

Given your statement. What kind of “national compliance” do you envision “ending this”?

poolpimp13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In NY there are 3 franchises of the Canadian owned Bad Axe Throwing bar and restaurant of the 30 they have in the US. They are all open with the assistance of the Empire State Development group who also make the guidelines. So what the hell is any different between a pool hall and a bunch of jamokes throwing axes into a wall?

Most pool halls do not recognize King Cuomo any more than he doesn't recognize us. Pool halls are one of the very last businesses not yet allowed to reopen.... Because we have zero political clout. People will do as they always have in times of crisis to survive.
Cuomo has inflected more damage on people and businesses in new York than any virus.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
that why those states are finding the higher earning tax payers are moving to more less regulated and free states. which means states like n.y and n.j. are going and have a major money crunch.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What’s going on here at Buffalo’s, Black Diamond in Spokane, and other places, is the Democratic Kings are allowing drinking at the bar and restaurants but you aren’t allowed to play pool. Stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

Same thing in New York.

They are demonizing the game just as it has been done historically. They allowed axe throwing...but pool is just a bunch of bad people.

I surrendered my liquor license...I'm not fighting the state liquor board. I will reapply when all this blows over.

FXBilliards

Unfortunately there will be more thing closing in NY in the short term, as opposed to more things opening. I feel for the owners of pool halls and worry about the survival of the game and these establishments. But, I fear you are in an uphill battle. Since many NY schools will also be closing (as predicted four months ago.) How many pool rooms do you have, where you can have 1000 employees?

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Given your statement. What kind of “national compliance” do you envision “ending this”?

Mandatory vaccine, etc., etc
He wants everyone to do exactly as the Government request without question.
He bit hook, line, and sinker.
He says the vaccine helps you get over it, but doesn't prevent spreading or you catching it lmao.
So whats the point?
And his kind will be screaming about these mandates :rolleyes:.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

When all this started I knew people would be hesitant to do what was necessary so I decided to not play publicly until they figured it out because the aerial
ability of the virus is so much a thing in the spread.

Given the virus is aerial and floats that would mean you need a mask to reduce the aerial mist from each person's breath and each table and rack of balls needs sanitizing between customers.

The virus can live a long time on cloth and you're all over the cloth and need to avoid touching yourself and wash up well afterwards.

Pool rooms can operate as safe as other businesses for those that don't mind being in a room of people.

Once a day sanitizing is near useless.

Until a vaccine I will likely be at home and planning on building my man cave.

Last edited:

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Someone needs to take this ahole on and bring suit with damages against
him and the rest of the idiot politicians in NY

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
All the information is available in the description of the GoFundMe page.

25 rooms with employing over 1,000.

Unfortunately there will be more thing closing in NY in the short term, as opposed to more things opening. I feel for the owners of pool halls and worry about the survival of the game and these establishments. But, I fear you are in an uphill battle. Since many NY schools will also be closing (as predicted four months ago.) How many pool rooms do you have, where you can have 1000 employees?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
My experience have been requirement to wear a mask at the door. Mask inside, temperature taken, and even contact information requested. Many room owners are taken their precautions seriously.

Every state is different, including some bordering states that are drastically different. We have a pool room / grill in northwestern North Carolina, very close to the Tennessee border. We get quite busy in here with diners in the eating area, which overlooks the pool playing area. A few minutes ago, I politely informed a pool playing customer (who is from Tennessee) that he needed to wear a mask whenever we are busy enough that other customers will be within 10 to 15 feet of the table. He packed his cue up and left immediately. You can’t please everyone.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mandatory vaccine, etc., etc
He wants everyone to do exactly as the Government request without question.
He bit hook, line, and sinker.
He says the vaccine helps you get over it, but doesn't prevent spreading or you catching it lmao.
So whats the point?
And his kind will be screaming about these mandates :rolleyes:.

Yup. Still waiting on his reply.

I suspect we’ll be waiting awhile... :wink: