Help New York pool halls in their effort to re-open.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
IMO, if the state and local government want to continue the lockdown, they need to take responsibility and shoulder the financial burden that are driving owners out of business. The poolhall owners I've talked with want to do their part to contain COVID-19, but they are being driven out of business. The shutdown doesn't give them a break on rent, utilities or other expenses, which they are still obligated to meet.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Help Future New Yorkers. The best recommendation I can give is help voters regain powers taken from them. Regain the power to recall an elected official.

New York is one of the few states where voters can't recall the Governor through election.

Historically William Sulzer was the only Governor to ever be recalled in NY.

Today politicians have to fight to regain the power to recall an elected official in NY for NY voters.

Unlike 19 other states in the nation, there is no recall system for
voters in New York State to remove an elected official. The power to
remove a local elected official rests solely with the Governor for some
local elected officials.

New York's electorate has been shaken by bad actions of the few elected
officials who are charged with upholding and creating laws but are
instead breaking them. Confidence in government and in those elected to
govern is at an all-time low. The confidence of the electorate needs to
be rebuilt. By extending this right to remove and replace an elected
official, prior to the completion of their term, to New Yorkers, we will
be providing them with a mechanism to remove officials who have breached
the public trust while creating a powerful deterrent for others who
might do the same. It is time to remind all of our elected officials
that, in a democracy, the power rests with the voters and not with the
people they put into office. The public should not have to wait until
the end of an officials elected term to hold that person accountable for
his or her actions.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, if the state and local government want to continue the lockdown, they need to take responsibility and shoulder the financial burden that are driving owners out of business. The poolhall owners I've talked with want to do their part to contain COVID-19, but they are being driven out of business. The shutdown doesn't give them a break on rent, utilities or other expenses, which they are still obligated to meet.

All of what the government is forcing is NOT SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN. Any individual with a basic understanding knows that there is nothing magical about a 6 foot rule or a surgical mask filtering out a virus which is a thousand times smaller than which it can stop.

We have reached the point where the continual renewal of governmental Emergency Executive Orders from NY Govenor Andrew Cuomo and County Executives are clearly unconstitutional. We have a right to:
-pursue happiness
-earn a living to meet our families needs
-assemble with like minded individuals
-petition and protest our government
-representation denied without elected assembly and senate voting on measures that are bankrupting businesses.

Locally you can go throw axes at Bad Axe Throwing bar which is owned by a Canadian corporation that has 30 locations and one in Syracuse. The Empire State Development group, which is charged with developing the NY Forward reopening guidelines, met with Bad Axe Throwing and granted them special exclusion to operate and sell alcohol. In New York the govenor has tied pool playing to exclusively being done in bar settings. The State Liquor Board expressly forbids pool playing.

There are pool halls that do not sell alcohol. With all of this nonsense the State Liquor Board pressured me to send my license to them for safekeeping. After sending the license, I was not selling alcohol for 2 months. Then last week they said I could not even have a license and be playing pool, so I surrendered it completely. I will reapply once all this nonsense passes.

Today the county contacted me to say I must close or face civil and or criminal charges. I have a very concise remedy for this that I will share once it proves successful.

Basically the billiards industry, or what is left of it, needs to take a stand. We have been singled out, demonized and marked for destruction. There is nothing inherently risky in playing pool in a pool hall which by it's nature provides adequate social distancing. We can employ at least as adequate precautions as the axe throwing bar, Walmart or the lazer tag place.

Minimally New York State government needs to provide a means for individual billiard halls to submit plans for reopening that are given genuine consideration. Other industries that had sufficient political clout and money to successfully advocate for themselves should not be given rights to operate that we are denied simply by our lack of influence and capital.

Bottom line, I'm not ever going to go to slaughter like a lamb. It's not in my nature and is not in the true nature of what being an American is about. I hope people can decide where their line is and what they will do about it because I'm expecting the government will be crossing it.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone needs to take this ahole on and bring suit with damages against
him and the rest of the idiot politicians in NY

Bison Billiards in Buffalo doing just that...was on Fox News Neil Cavuto show last month.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mandatory vaccine, etc., etc
He wants everyone to do exactly as the Government request without question.
He bit hook, line, and sinker.
He says the vaccine helps you get over it, but doesn't prevent spreading or you catching it lmao.
So whats the point?
And his kind will be screaming about these mandates :rolleyes:.
Flu vaccine is on average 40%effective.
They have an international panel if experts try to predict how the flu will mutate each year. Vaccine production starts 4 to 6 months before release in the fall.

We have never developed a viral vaccine for cold viruses, of which covid-190is the 7th human coronavirus that causes illness.
How effective will it be? Nobody has a clue
Will it cause reactions that cause significant inflammation, blood clot or unforseen long term effects?
Is it worth your personal risk to take it when your chance of contracting coronavirus and dying are minimal if you are in good health and not elderly?
Look at history and see how many times government and medicine caused citizens overwhelming harm by forcing unproven cures upon them.
I am medical...I will not be taking the vaccine...maybe after seeing what happens to everyone who does for a year. At this point, for me, the cure is riskier than the disease.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When all this started I knew people would be hesitant to do what was necessary so I decided to not play publicly until they figured it out because the aerial
ability of the virus is so much a thing in the spread.

Given the virus is aerial and floats that would mean you need a mask to reduce the aerial mist from each person's breath and each table and rack of balls needs sanitizing between customers.

The virus can live a long time on cloth and you're all over the cloth and need to avoid touching yourself and wash up well afterwards.

Pool rooms can operate as safe as other businesses for those that don't mind being in a room of people.

Once a day sanitizing is near useless.

Until a vaccine I will likely be at home and planning on building my man cave.

Do you ever leave the house?
Are the air currents different at your work, grocery store ect??
I think people who choose to take whatever risk they perceive by playing pool, should be permitted to. Especially when I don't know if anybody has documented and outbreak tied to exposure within a pool hall.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our entire government is bought and sold by big business. There is one party folks...all this nonsense is theatre. It's been months of fighting to bail out the people. How many times does the government bail out banks, airlines ect without any resistance? The biggest companies and the richest people have benefitted the most from all of the programs passed. It is blatant and shameful.

justnum

Silver Member
Politicians haven't addressed the damage they did to the economy with the forced closures.

It feels like prohibition busting, or over enforcement of health policies.

COVID Health Impact was minimized at the expense of everyone else.

Most NYers in the Small Business community have no light at the end of the tunnel.

The Governor turns it on and off for fun.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Politicians haven't addressed the damage they did to the economy with the forced closures.

It feels like prohibition busting, or over enforcement of health policies.

COVID Health Impact was minimized at the expense of everyone else.

Most NYers in the Small Business community have no light at the end of the tunnel.

The Governor turns it on and off for fun.
Biden announced he is going to consider Andrew Cuomo for Attorney General...draw your own conclusions.

I have never been anti-government to the degree they have made me. Bunch of power hungry people who don't care about anybody but themselves. We need a French style revolution... guillotines and all.

justnum

Silver Member
I like the US version. Federal involvement bust up the corruption.

NY politicians have a history on helping immigrants while stealing from them.

https://www.biography.com/political-figure/boss-tweed

In 1868, Tweed became grand sachem (leader) of Tammany Hall and was also elected to the New York State Senate, and in 1870 he and his cronies took control of the city treasury when they passed a new city charter that named them as the board of audit. In full force now, the Tweed ring began to financially drain the city of New York through faked leases, false vouchers, extravagantly padded bills and various other schemes set up and controlled by the ring.

https://www.history.com/topics/us-politics/tammany-hall
Tammany’s decentralized organization enabled ward leaders to act as advocates for individuals when they had difficulties with the law. A criminal judge, for example, appointed or kept in office by Tammany Hall would have to listen carefully to a local ward leader asking for a suspended sentence in a particular case. Later, the hundreds receiving Tammany Hall assistance with problems or baskets of food on holidays would show their gratitude at the polls.

‘Reform’ administrations periodically took power away from the Hall, but for many years it always made a comeback. Then anti-Tammany mayor Fiorello La Guardia (1934-1945), with the help of Franklin D. Roosevelt, was able to weaken the machine’s power permanently. It retained some strength, however, until John V. Lindsay’s mayoralty (1966-1973).