Help! Valley table identification

Teufelsmark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there any one that could positively identify which valley table this is? I'm looking for some parts for it and it would be helpful if I knew what model I have. I've read things about identifying it by the serial number behind the ball door but this model doesn't have a ball door. Any help would be appreciated thank you

Attachments

• 20201128_194821.jpg
    20201128_194821.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 20201128_194844.jpg
    20201128_194844.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 340
  • 20201128_194857.jpg
    20201128_194857.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 20201128_194913.jpg
    20201128_194913.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 208

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Do you have a serial number?

Do you know the size?

If you take the trim off of the back of the rails, you will see how many bolts it is per cushion

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

Puhlshooter

Registered
They probably just changed the core castings no way once the frame is built at Valley to remove the top of the table the corner castings bolt in so they probably added the cougar casting and name plate. The legs definitely not valley

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you have the key to remove the coin op and other panels?

If not, Valley says the easiest way to change them out might be to drill them and replace with new ones, which you might have to do to find the s/n ... serial number cross reference

... which alsp says that some of the s/n on older ones were stamped on the bottom.

And here is their FAQ

Do you have to feed it quarters to play on it LoL.

PoodlePuncher

Registered
I've seen that style of ball return before, but i don't know the brand.
IIRC, the coin mech was in the space next to where the balls come out.

I agree the corner castings were probably swapped out, notice the metal trim along the rails is missing.
probably wouldn't fit back on with the valley castings.

If it is in fact a valley, the model# should be listed on the ball trap. that would tell you exactly what it is.
For example, here's my model-13

75D3DgPl.jpg

This doc shows years based off model rather than serial.
also has parts listings and diagrams, but none match that box.
https://www.valley-dynamoparts.com/docs/ValleyPool2010Web_000.pdf

Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If you look closely, the trim is already missing. looks like 3 bolts per rail
Thanks, it was so small on my phone that I missed it.

I'm willing to bet those are wood screws. I have a 1960 Valley with the same design. Parts are impossible to find.

You can get replacement rails from Penguin and you can dial in the pockets how you want, the builder is familiar with these tables and the angles

PoodlePuncher

Registered
Thanks, it was so small on my phone that I missed it.

I'm willing to bet those are wood screws. I have a 1960 Valley with the same design. Parts are impossible to find.

You can get replacement rails from Penguin and you can dial in the pockets how you want, the builder is familiar with these tables and the angles
Sure... it's hard to see on my 27" monitor :D

is the cabinet similar to yours? or just the rails?

Teufelsmark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well the thing is it has a PCB in it that I believe doesn't work and an LCD screen on the rail that doesn't work. The PCB part number is A18-1-00-00 That's mainly the part I'm looking for I have the keys and everything else works fine except for the time/rack count display on the rail

also I'm pretty sure it is a valley as the electrical parts in it have valley entertainment incorporated stamped all over it and it has a valley insert around the LCD screen on the rail

I can confirm it's not the original legs though

PoodlePuncher

Registered
Here's the service drawer drawings for that table
https://www.valley-dynamoparts.com/docs/LynxServiceDrawer.pdf

From the Valley FAQ

CAN I GET PARTS FOR A VALLEY LEOPARD OR LYNX WITH THE UNITIZED SERVICE DRAWER?
No. The Service Drawer was discontinued in 1989, no parts are available, and it was so different (IN 2002) from the standard Valley ball trap, parts cannot be adapted to work.
Only parts shared with current production Valley tables such as the CUSHION RAILS, POCKETLINERS, gulley boots and so forth will be available. Drawings of unique Leopard/Lynx assemblies are available on the site, but again we stress these parts are absolutely no longer available.

PoodlePuncher

Registered
This is the configuration i was referring to in my first post.
Possibly shared with the Dynamo DBA from the 90's, but i can't find any pics.

AgITdWnl.jpg

D8Bgkiel.jpg

Last edited:

Teufelsmark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just found this.
Guess it's a Valley Leopard?
4767408915_c492b8e554.jpg

Never seen one before
This is 100% the correct table thank you so much for your help. so I know it says that no parts are available I guess that includes the PCB and the display on the rail I'm assuming?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there any one that could positively identify which valley table this is? I'm looking for some parts for it and it would be helpful if I knew what model I have. I've read things about identifying it by the serial number behind the ball door but this model doesn't have a ball door. Any help would be appreciated thank you
These folks do electronics. Might call them for possible help. https://www.globalbilliard.com/our-tables/

PoodlePuncher

Registered
This is 100% the correct table thank you so much for your help. so I know it says that no parts are available I guess that includes the PCB and the display on the rail I'm assuming?
Now that you know the table, You might be able to find a used one on ebay.

IMO, if it's just the LED, i'd remove it, and look for parts numbers.
they likely used off the shelf parts.