Help wanted to find cue repair man Richard Penny (MIA).

Skelly1

Registered
Dear All,
I need help trying to contact Richard Penny a cue repair guy working out of Gainesville Florida who appears to be missing in action.
About a year ago I commissioned him to make me a set of joint protectors for a cue I purchased from Joe Barringer. Joe couldn't accommodate me due to health and business commitments but pointed me in Richard Penny's direction.
After some back and forth emails Richard said he could help and I sent him the money he wanted and began work.
After about six months later he said he'd finished them and said he mailed them to me here in Japan where I live and work. However he said that when he mailed them they were confiscated as he had labeled the elforyn he had used in them as an ivory substitute ( which is in no way illegal).
Thus to say I didn't receive them. Richard contacted me to tell me what had happened and said he would do another set and this time simplify the labelling description.
Everything has gone fine up until about a couple of months ago. Both Richard and I have always been brief and direct with our emails and very prompt with replies.
But about two months ago I contacted him to find out the status but didn't receive any replies, so I called him and he sent an email after several attempts. At that time he said they were nearly done and he would finish them up in a week or two, and apologised for the delay.
I replied to say thanks and told him to take the time he needs and not to rush the finish out of curtsy.
That has been my last contact with Richard. About a month ago I started to email and tellephone him to ask what the status is but have had absolutely no response.
I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve what he has said or jump to conclusions, but I cannot understand the current state of affairs. For all I know Richard could be sick and laid up in hospital.

My request is, is there anyone out there who knows Richard and can help either contacting him or relaying a message. And Richard if your out there my apologies for having to take this route but didn't know what else to do considering where I am. Please can you contact me.

My sincere thanks to anyone who can help!

Skelly1.

Last edited: