Help with cue, please

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No sir, I am a retired Tool & Die maker (45yrs.) that has been playing for 59 years.
I have played with many Meucci cues with my favorites being from 1975-1988.
I have owned many custom cues also and currently play with a Tascarella. I still
have a first brochure 1975 MO-1 & MO-1 1/2. Meucci's daughter ran the company
in the 90's which ended up giving it a bad name until Bob stepped back in.

Last edited:

Gloor

I see, thank you. I was just curious.

No sir, I am a retired Tool & Die maker (45yrs.) that has been playing for 59 years.
I have played with many Meucci cue with my favorites being from 1975-1988.
I have owned many custom cues also and currently play with a Tascarella. I still
have a first brochure 1975 MO-1 & MO-1 1/2. Meucci's daughter ran the company
in the 90's which ended up giving it a bad name until Bob stepped back in.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gloor, Howdy;

Or just get a shaft for my old butt and be done with it (save money and no treat) :)

You made yer own sign there it IS. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The but is only there to use as a hand grip for the shaft. Get a good shaft
find a thread gauge to determine what the thread count is or count 1/2"
worth of threads and X2. Measure the diameter where the shaft meets the
Butt and talk to the folks at Schmelke, they'll set ya up.

hank

Gloor

Thank you.

So the butt doesn't affect the game at all? Is that correct understanding of mine, please?

Gloor, Howdy;

You made yer own sign there it IS. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The but is only there to use as a hand grip for the shaft. Get a good shaft
find a thread gauge to determine what the thread count is or count 1/2"
worth of threads and X2. Measure the diameter where the shaft meets the
Butt and talk to the folks at Schmelke, they'll set ya up.

hank

Gloor

Not sure what your reasoning is as you've only said one word but I did look at their website. Honestly, their offering is horrible - tacky looking without any sense of design. It almost feels as a person wants to too much but has no taste. Thats what it feels like to me.
Unless they hire a designer that can design nice things I wouldn't consider them. Zero artistic taste there.
Sorry but its horrible

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what your reasoning is as you've only said one word but I did look at their website. Honestly, their offering is horrible - tacky looking without any sense of design. It almost feels as a person wants to too much but has no taste. Thats what it feels like to me.
Unless they hire a designer that can design nice things I wouldn't consider them. Zero artistic taste there.
Sorry but its horrible
Its a TOOL first, something to look at a DISTANT second. Pechauer makes great a PLAYING cue. I've seen a TON of nice looking cues that played like shit. I think a lot of the newer Schon designs are horrid but they still play great. I'm a plain-jane merry widow guy mostly. Plain cues fo me.

Last edited:

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gloor, Howdy;

Thank you.

So the butt doesn't affect the game at all? Is that correct understanding of mine, please?
The butt carries the weight thus suppling the momentum, the force is provided by your judgement
as to how much force you will apply with the sum of the parts (whole cue), to the cueball. You've
indicated that you still like your old cue but the shaft is warped or something like that. So, why not
just replace the bit that isn't up to your standard. If it worked for you before in another life, then it
should work just fine with just the addition of a new shaft. Then you can spend the remaining amount
of money from your budget on lessons.
That's my final word on this thread. Talk to the folks at Schmelke and if you don't feel comfortable with
your measurements then they'll instruct you on how to mail it to them so they can "fit it to your butt".

hank

Gloor

Thank you so much for your input. I'll go and check some out next weekend hopefully

Gloor, Howdy;

The butt carries the weight thus suppling the momentum, the force is provided by your judgement
as to how much force you will apply with the sum of the parts (whole cue), to the cueball. You've
indicated that you still like your old cue but the shaft is warped or something like that. So, why not
just replace the bit that isn't up to your standard. If it worked for you before in another life, then it
should work just fine with just the addition of a new shaft. Then you can spend the remaining amount
of money from your budget on lessons.
That's my final word on this thread. Talk to the folks at Schmelke and if you don't feel comfortable with
your measurements then they'll instruct you on how to mail it to them so they can "fit it to your butt".

hank

dlx3200

Registered
I would take a look at Go Customs cue, it is a full carbon fiber cue. I have tried a lot of cues over the years and more expensive cues than a Go Customs. The Go Customs is the only cue I use now and can't ever see me using anything else. Its a custom cue so you can order how ever you like it. I can't say enough about Go Customs and the customer service.

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry but its horrible
If you don't like what you see, tell them what you want. They will make anything as a custom request for a very reasonable price. They harvest their own trees from their own timberland, process their trees in their own sawmill, make all their own screws and joints in their own metal shop. Their customer service is outstanding. Who else can say all that?