Here is a question from guy with bum hand.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
He is older, retired plumber, has lost range of motion in hand he make bridge with, or he found device to improvise because finger & thumb do not work normal.

Found a product online look like a ring with soft plastic “U”.

Acts as Cue rest, so someone said this is illegal device. He asked me about is it legal or not?

To me it is like a bat, or moose bridge for finger.

Question is it legal, or not?

Below is stock photo of gizmo.👍

Attachments

• 17EFE88A-46D1-49B1-A6D8-9797291C1555.jpeg
    17EFE88A-46D1-49B1-A6D8-9797291C1555.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
WPA RULES OF PLAY

1.3 Player’s Use of Equipment
... In general, players are not permitted to introduce novel equipment into the game.
... He may use his own bridge if it is similar to standard bridges.

But if he needed it to play I'd let him.

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's clearly designed for the purpose. I think the real question is whether someone who does not have a physical disability -- like very stiff fingers -- should be allowed to use it.

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya could use a bridge all around right? Maybe vary the length. What about a toe? Have an ortho doc make one permanently attach a piece of titanium.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Corey has gambled by using a bridge for every shot. He propped the handle on his shoulder for normal length shots.

pj
chgo
That's what I heard too. There was a guy around here who used to spot "all my shots are with the bridge" at 3-cushion. That's pretty impressive considering that the top players almost never use the bridge.

But both of those examples were proposition/handicap situations and the official rules would not apply.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's clearly designed for the purpose. I think the real question is whether someone who does not have a physical disability -- like very stiff fingers -- should be allowed to use it.
Guy could use an extended bridge on any and every shot so what's up with these debilitating rules? I carry a moose rack bridge head which I will hand hold as is if the requirement comes up.

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?
I saw a woman in a wheelchair using something similar to this once.
When someone needs a non standard piece of equipment that doesn’t give them some unfair advantage, the rule should allow it.

1624113039786.png

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
What's-his-name at Kelly's Billiards in Lake Worth, Florida, ran tables with a metal hook that had replaced his severed left hand.