Higher deflection Revo/CFs

CavinTan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, was wondering if anyone has experimented with the internal ferrule construction on CF shafts to increase the deflection such that it's similar to a convetional shaft? more specifically those CFs without a long ferrule such as (cuetec,meucci) , looking more to modded revos.

i know some pros have their revos custom made by predator to have a much higher deflection/ to play like a conventional shaft. (revo +40%)

any insights will be helpful thanks.

terpdad

Registered
This thread D/N have the newest shafts, but covers some of what you are asking about. IIRC, the Meucci is closest to a conventional shaft but still LD.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello, was wondering if anyone has experimented with the internal ferrule construction on CF shafts to increase the deflection such that it's similar to a convetional shaft? more specifically those CFs without a long ferrule such as (cuetec,meucci) , looking more to modded revos.

i know some pros have their revos custom made by predator to have a much higher deflection/ to play like a conventional shaft. (revo +40%)

any insights will be helpful thanks.
Predator makes a standard defl. Revo. Look in their carom shaft selection. https://www.predatorcues.com/usa/pr...bon-fiber-3-cushion-carom-billiard-shaft.html

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't try ANY modifications in attempt to increase deflection. One, you void the warranty and Two, could ruin how it plays.