How do I determine a price for a Ginacue?

rostym

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I"m new here so please bare with me if I make any missteps. I have a Ginacue (marked "L" on the listing of Ginacues attached) I purchased back in 1974 with a black suede (I was told) Fellini case. The case sure looks like a Fellini but has no tag sewed in. The butt has an SS joint is in excellent original condition with finish still intact. The Irish linen wrap show some wear but has no loose threads. The two shafts both had ivory ferrules. One of them cracked back in the 80's and I had it replaced locally using plastic. The other shaft still has the ivory ferrule but it has a couple of visible cracks. Also, that shaft, unbeknownst to me at the time, had the protruding portion of the joint (that contained part of the threaded metal insert) ground down even the outside portion of the joint. This was done by a worker I had allowed in my house while I was at work who apparently while playing on my table, broke a shaft on another cue and ground down this shaft to fit that cue so I would not notice that he had broken a shaft. However, that shaft still plays fine, but it has been defaced. The case is still in good shape, although it shows some minor wear. So can someone here tell me how to set a fair value for it. I have not played regularly with it since the 90's as I purchased a Richard Black cue that I like the play of better and I really don't play much anymore. I've been thinking of selling it for some time and finding this forum has inspired me to finally move forward with it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• Gina butt 1.JPG
    Gina butt 1.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 233
  • Gina Butt 2.JPG
    Gina Butt 2.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Ginacues.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 169

rostym

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I had the cue made for me in 1974. I have had it since so I know it has not been refinished. Other than visible signs of use on the wrap, the butt still looks pretty much like when I got it. The shafts both play fine, but one has a joint issue in that it is no longer as initially made (and has had the ferrule replaced), and the other shaft, although it has it's original ivory ferrule, it has hairline cracks showing on it.

Attachments

• Gina Joints.jpg
    Gina Joints.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Tips and Butt.JPG
    Tips and Butt.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 177