How does a cue play?

Buzzard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been looking at cue reviews and come across "This is a beautiful playing cue!" many times! I have invested lots of money in low deflection shafts and most of them are good to their word BUT all play a little differently. I am now playing with regular shafts and once learned do the same thing with some adjustments on my part. Once learned a house cue can play "beautifully"

Isn't it the player that "plays beautifully" and if knowledgeable about the fact that all cues need to be learned can make any cue work?

I think the big difference may be in the cue being a beautiful work of art, not how it "plays" I love cues and have more than I need but can adjust to any of them.

I am serious about what is being talked about when one says a cue plays great.

Thanks.

docgpmiller

It can be many factors such as weight, weight distribution, joint connection that gives you different feedback to your senses, feel of the shaft in your hand, tip response, how long tip interacts with cue ball, etc.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
My cues hit so solid, as I'm chalking up the balls go in the holes on their own.
They run a full Chicago rack and never touch a rail.
I may add, all are forward balanced ebony.
There is no bad pizza, some not as good as others.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Play is like Hot☄️, it is not measurable, or definable.

Some people idea of Hot is commercial made mild salsa.

Friend has Mexican Restaurant, he make paste put if Scorpion Pepper,Carolina Reaper Pepper, and Ghost Pepper. Small amount the size of # 6 Buck Shot is attention getter.

Interesting thing is hotter it get,the more flavor released.

Hottest thing I ever tasted. But the chilis he uses varyn from pepper to pepper just like Jalapeños.

He only use small amounts of his Hot Blend in his Sause.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Many years ago, a friend of Lee Trevino talked him into trying his putter…Lee liked it and bought the same brand at the pro shop.
…when he went back to his motel room, he held the putter over his head and swung the heel into the carpet…hard.
It changed the angle of the head slightly. He went on a win streak that eventually got him into the HOF.

If equipment is no big deal to you, I question your game.
.….when I was in action, I had cues I turned down what seemed unreasonable profits for.
Some cues are magic.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Many years ago, a friend of Lee Trevino talked him into trying his putter…Lee liked it and bought the same brand at the pro shop.
…when he went back to his motel room, he held the putter over his head and swung the heel into the carpet…hard.
It changed the angle of the head slightly. He went on a win streak that eventually got him into the HOF.

If equipment is no big deal to you, I question your game.
.….when I was in action, I had cues I turned down what seemed unreasonable profits for.
Some cues are magic.

Great equipment will not make a “C” Player, a “A” player.

Practice might.😇