How many Pool Publications, Tournament Guides does one City really need?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I think here is the Valley of the Sun there is a News Papers War going on, as we currently have (4) Pool Newspapers, counting the three local local, and one regional publication that has a tournament guides, and Pool news that show up each month about the first of the month to about the tenth of the month.

Each paper seems to have a different target audience, be it the recreational player, party people, serious competitors, and the regional publication covers pool the Western U.S.

It seems to me The Valley of the Sun has a few too many newspaper, and I was wonder if any other Large Metropolitan Area have as many as 4 Pool Publication showing up in Bars, and Rooms in your area each month.

Yes I know Phoenix Metro Area is the 6th., or 7th LARGEST MEDIA Market in the U.S., with places like NYC, San Francisco, LA, etc. being larger markets. But as I said I think we are a little heavy with Pool Papers.

Can not understand why one of the local Newspaper Publishers doesn?t hit the brick, and get all the Tournaments listed in their publication, and get a few sale people out pick up accounts, with the promise of a Billiards News Paper that has appeal to the entire Phoenix Metro Market of players, be they serious, or just recreational player.

Sad fact is many of the publications list tournaments that have wrong date, time, venues, or just have not happen in 6-8 month, and have been canceled long ago.
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
I think here is the Valley of the Sun there is a News Papers War going on, as we currently have (4) Pool Newspapers, counting the three local local, and one regional publication that has a tournament guides, and Pool news that show up each month about the first of the month to about the tenth of the month.

Each paper seems to have a different target audience, be it the recreational player, party people, serious competitors, and the regional publication covers pool the Western U.S.

It seems to me The Valley of the Sun has a few too many newspaper, and I was wonder if any other Large Metropolitan Area have as many as 4 Pool Publication showing up in Bars, and Rooms in your area each month.

Yes I know Phoenix Metro Area is the 6th., or 7th LARGEST MEDIA Market in the U.S., with places like NYC, San Francisco, LA, etc. being larger markets. But as I said I think we are a little heavy with Pool Papers.

Can not understand why one of the local Newspaper Publishers doesn?t hit the brick, and get all the Tournaments listed in their publication, and get a few sale people out pick up accounts, with the promise of a Billiards News Paper that has appeal to the entire Phoenix Metro Market of players, be they serious, or just recreational player.

Sad fact is many of the publications list tournaments that have wrong date, time, venues, or just have not happen in 6-8 month, and have been canceled long ago.

Try having none. When I lived in chandler I was thankful for all the info available to players. Nobody is forcing you to read them!!!!!
 
Maybe you could contact the newsroom of the city's larget newspaper & see if any of the folks play pool. Then you could ask the newspaper to start following some tournament & league play in their newspaper. That would be a real kick-start for Pool N Billiards in the Phoenix area....
 
Back
Top