How much would it cost...

muddawg

Chill Out
Silver Member
I'm not looking to buy just yet, that's why I'm not posting this in the wanted/for sale section, but how much would it cost for someone to make me a hard rock maple shaft that is 29" long, has a 3/8 x 14 joint thread, and has a medium kamui tip on it? I just want an estimate, not really ready to buy just yet. Ferrule can be ivorine or ivory.

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not looking to buy just yet, that's why I'm not posting this in the wanted/for sale section, but how much would it cost for someone to make me a hard rock maple shaft that is 29" long, has a 3/8 x 14 joint thread, and has a medium kamui tip on it? I just want an estimate, not really ready to buy just yet. Ferrule can be ivorine or ivory.

3/8 x 14 ? I haven't seen any thread like that.

bnkunderme

Registered Hustler
Silver Member
yeah I know, it's a pain, but that's the thread that fits most cuetec and scorpion cues...

It all depends on who you have make it, and the quality of shaft wood, you could get one for maybe $125 all the way to $400. I would say for an above average shaft you could pay $150-$200.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

I think AZBilliard poster Ryan Theeuwen (RatCues) at Mueller's would make it with a non-ivory ferrule and a regular single layer tip for $90 plus shipping. Ivory and layered tip would be extra.

Mueller's makes joint protectors with the 3/8-14 Cuetec thread, so I have to believe Ryan would have no problem making a shaft for one.

Fred <~~~ prolly butchered Ryan's name to pieces