Huntsville AL pool halls and tournaments

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Flying out to near Huntsville, AL for work, will be around Madison. Anyone know the area for any weekly tournaments, hopefully mid-week? Will be there probably last week or two of July for about 4 days. I took a look on the maps online and seems like it's a pretty good area for pool, there are 4-5 bars and pool halls with good tables, a lot of Diamonds.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Place looks great, I just wish I could find more tournaments not on Friday, that and Saturday is the worst days for me due to how the work and travel schedule is. I'm often flying in Sunday and leaving Thursday or Friday before evening time. $7 for all night of pool in their specials seems like a super deal.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Played at Bumpers a couple weeks ago. Pretty decent room. Great tables. Saw Nick Varner there, giving advice to a couple players, too.

Chips and Salsa is also a cool place. Eclectic mix of people in there...but the tables are great, and the food is AMAZING.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Played at Bumpers a couple weeks ago. Pretty decent room. Great tables. Saw Nick Varner there, giving advice to a couple players, too.

Chips and Salsa is also a cool place. Eclectic mix of people in there...but the tables are great, and the food is AMAZING.
why was nick varner in huntsville alabama?

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nick has done some clinics there. He and Mark Wilson do the clinics at different pool rooms every so often. They do one at the Chattanooga Billiards Club a couple times a year. The next one will be September 16 and 17

Reactions: bbb

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks, sounds like a place I'd like to visit.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Thanks, sounds like a place I'd like to visit.
Be warned....smoking inside is still "a thing" down there. If you're sensitive/allergic, Chips and Salsa DOES have a non-smoking section.

Bumpers does not...but I heard rumors that they were gonna make a change, soon. No clue if that's true or not...or when it is allegedly supposed to happen.

Have fun!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Be warned....smoking inside is still "a thing" down there. If you're sensitive/allergic, Chips and Salsa DOES have a non-smoking section.

Bumpers does not...but I heard rumors that they were gonna make a change, soon. No clue if that's true or not...or when it is allegedly supposed to happen.

Have fun!

Quite a few of the places I been to allow smoking, TN and FL both had smoking in some of the places I went to. I'm pretty much expecting to have smoking indoors be OK in most of the south and midwest states.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Have fun!

Bumpers still has smoking, but was not bad at all. I liked the room, tables are good, they were cleaning them with robot vaccums, enogh 9 footers to be open even during league night. Seems they also have some tight tables but I did not try those out. My cost for a couple of hours of play with their best scotch was $16, very reasonable.

Chips and Salsa, smoke was also fine, even less noticeable than at Bumpers. Tables also in good shape but only 7 footers, but the food more than makes up for it. Some of the best food I have had in a pool hall, as good most Mexican restaurants I have been to.

Did not see any great players there, but some good ones were there for league, at least one was probably a 500+ Fargo, maybe near 600, mostly your average APA 4s and 5s for the balance.

Seems those two are the best places in the area, the other one I wanted to visit Steve's Cue and Grill was locked on Sunday evening, and the area it was in seemed a bit shady. There were like 3 high end SUVs parked by it with people just sitting in the cars. There was also a woman hanging out smoking that probably would be willing to head home with you for a bit of money.