I’d like to know more about this guy

L.S. Dennis

Well-known member
One of the stories I’ve heard about him was the time he was sleeping in one of the railbird seats at some pool hall in New York when someone came over to wake him up and tell him that Nixon had just won the presidency. At this point the story goes that Irish lifted his hat up over his eyes and said: “What do you know they guy can’t run four balls and gets elected president!” At this point he pulls his hat back over his eyes and goes back to sleep.

I can’t vouch for the story personally but it‘s funny nonetheless. I do know that he was considered a tremendous player back In the day.
 

Attachments

  • 2A4562A4-F3D3-4860-992E-C566F8BDC9BD.jpeg
    2A4562A4-F3D3-4860-992E-C566F8BDC9BD.jpeg
    304.9 KB · Views: 183
One of the stories I’ve heard about him was the time he was sleeping in one of the railbird seats at some pool hall in New York when someone came over to wake him up and tell him that Nixon had just won the presidency. At this point the story goes that Irish lifted his hat up over his eyes and said: “What do you know they guy can’t run four balls and gets elected president!” At this point he pulls his hat back over his eyes and goes back to sleep.

I can’t vouch for the story personally but it‘s funny nonetheless. I do know that he was considered a tremendous player back In the day.
 
Back
Top