I got $1,500 so tell me........

JayRack

What cue I should buy? I'm not going for aesthetics I'm going for the hit. I need a real player to gamble with every day.

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
There are so many options. I would go for an AE artistic engineering. I've had a few and they are very precise in construction and play very well. My current AE is a six point. It's not for sale.

9ballscorpion

What cue I should buy? I'm not going for aesthetics I'm going for the hit. I need a real player to gamble with every day.

I believe the best hitting Production cues in the world are Mezz.

Mezz Pool Cue and Pool Cues at Discount Prices (billiardwarehouse.com)

I have not played with all that many high end custom cues, but if I had $1500 to spend on a cue, then I would look into buying a Pat Diveney, Lambros (if I could find one that cheap), a Nitti, or a Durbin (Durbin is a local favorite of mine, because he is from close to my home town, and my 1st custom was a Durbin, which I loved).

There are so many other great cue makers out there though. Many are forum members here too, who make a really great hitting cue.

ColoDC

Registered
Get with some of the better player you know that have nice cues and hit a few balls with there sticks. See what you like and what work for you. Take notes on what you like. Remember the type of tip--joint type--cue length-- wood vs carbon shaft--cue weight-- shaft size and length--type of wood in the butt--number of points or inlays in the butt -- these are just of a few things that effect the way a cue play. Spend your money on a starter cue it could be your future back up cue around $500 then step up later. Remember fancy and expense doesn't always play better. Good Luck.

JayRack

I believe the best hitting Production cues in the world are Mezz.

Mezz Pool Cue and Pool Cues at Discount Prices (billiardwarehouse.com)

I have not played with all that many high end custom cues, but if I had $1500 to spend on a cue, then I would look into buying a Pat Diveney, Lambros (if I could find one that cheap), a Nitti, or a Durbin (Durbin is a local favorite of mine, because he is from close to my home town, and my 1st custom was a Durbin, which I loved).

There are so many other great cue makers out there though. Many are forum members here too, who make a really great hitting cue.
Well I'm definitely going to buy a mezz sneaky because 3 people have already suggested it then I will buy another one out of the names you and THam listed. Maybe I will keep both or sale the one that does not hit as good if that winds up being the case. Thanks for your input.

JayRack

Get with some of the better player you know that have nice cues and hit a few balls with there sticks. See what you like and what work for you. Take notes on what you like. Remember the type of tip--joint type--cue length-- wood vs carbon shaft--cue weight-- shaft size and length--type of wood in the butt--number of points or inlays in the butt -- these are just of a few things that effect the way a cue play. Spend your money on a starter cue it could be your future back up cue around $500 then step up later. Remember fancy and expense doesn't always play better. Good Luck.
Right. I've had that great hit before. Back in 1997 I rode with a buddy of mine to a billiard shop in Memphis. It was the most meticulous thing I've ever seen. The guy rolled about 50 cues on the table. He looked over and rolled cues for 2.5 hours and finally picked out a meucci sneaky. I hit with it a couple weeks later and it was the best hitting cue I'd ever hit with. One of our mutual friends was shooting with it and he lifted it up in the air and a ceiling fan started wacking it repeatedly. It was funny to me but sad to him but my point is I'm still looking for a cue that hits the way that sneaky did in 1997. Have not found it yet.

9ballscorpion

Well I'm definitely going to buy a mezz sneaky because 3 people have already suggested it then I will buy another one out of the names you and THam listed. Maybe I will keep both or sale the one that does not hit as good if that winds up being the case. Thanks for your input.

You will love the Mezz sneaky, and the price is very reasonable for what I would consider the highest quality Production cue out there, other then Exceed.

Mezz sneaky pete cues (jjcue.com)

Here is a seller on ebay offering 3 new ones for $490 each. Not much feedback, but ebay will protect your money until you receive the cue, and are happy with it.

Mezz ZZSP01 Sneaky Pete Pool Cue Birdseye Maple with Bocote points | eBay

Last edited:

9ballscorpion

Which model would you suggest?

They are all identical in design, other then the woods used in them. Some are priced more then other due to the woods that are used.

This is the one I would pick though, because I love Bacote and BEM.

Model # MSP2-B
Birdseye maple, Bacote, Juma

J&J gives you a free hard case and joint protectors with your order too, so that is a nice bonus. They are a good trusted company that has been around for a long time.

JayRack

They are all identical in design, other then the woods used in them. Some are priced more then other due to the woods that are used.

This is the one I would pick though, because I love Bacote and BEM.

Model # MSP2-B
Birdseye maple, Bacote, Juma

J&J gives you a free hard case and joint protectors with your order too, so that is a nice bonus. They are a good trusted company that has been around for a long time.
Looks nice. The eBay $490 is clean too. Thanks for your feedback.