Cool - Thanks Dennis. I will be there to watch for sure. I am also playing in the All-Around. See you there.Prince said:The ring game is actually next friday night. It will be the evening before the final Olhausen stop. Unless things have changed, I have been told the players slated are Mitch, Rodney Morris, Scott Frost, possibly Tony Crosby, and myself. I believe they are just waiting to get a confirmation back from a couple of players. It should be posted sometime this week.
Dennis O.
Hey Brady,if you go then perhaps we can finally meet up.BVal said:Cool - Thanks Dennis. I will be there to watch for sure. I am also playing in the All-Around. See you there.
BVal
Prince said:The ring game is actually next friday night. It will be the evening before the final Olhausen stop. Unless things have changed, I have been told the players slated are Mitch, Rodney Morris, Scott Frost, possibly Tony Crosby, and myself. I believe they are just waiting to get a confirmation back from a couple of players. It should be posted sometime this week.
Dennis O.
Your correct,he did botch things twice,i remember me saying to him bad roll after he hooked himself and he said it was poor play with such a huge position zone,thems the breaks.Jimmy M. said:There was actually a 4th ball down there, the 9-ball, toward that bottom rail, about a half diamond or so above it. Someone told me they were playing 3-foul rule and, at this point, Mitch was on two and Max was on the hill. I can only see Max playing the shot he did if they weren't playing 3-foul because, perhaps his logic was that he wouldn't gain much by leaving the 1 tied up where it was even if he were to get ball in hand again. Anyway, with the 9 where it was, had he just thinned the 1, essentially leaving it on the rail between those two balls, and the cue ball on, or near, the rail on the other side of the 5-ball, it would have taken any possible kick route away. At the time that Max had ball in hand, and me thinking they were playing 3-foul, I was stunned to see what he did.
At any rate, that isn't even the shot that cost him the game. If you remember, he actually got to shoot again and made a really good out all the way up until he hooked himself on the 9 with only the 9 and 10 left on the table. It certainly wasn't vintage Max Eberle.![]()
I'll be there for sure.Fast Lenny said:Hey Brady,if you go then perhaps we can finally meet up.![]()
Jimmy M. said:I probably wouldn't have played anyway because, since the baby was born (actually, since a month before that), I just haven't played any pool at all, really. Well, aside from the 5 days that I played a total of 4 matches at the Qlympics, if you want to count that. However, I find it interesting that the champion of the last "big" 10-ball ring game in Arizona didn't even warrant an invite.
Like I said, I probably wouldn't have played anyway, but it would have been nice to at least have been asked to give me the option to decide if I want to start hitting balls again and play in the ring game. It's a cheap entry fee, so that really wouldn't have been a deciding factor for me. I just wouldn't have wanted to play, having not been playing at all, and play like a total schmuck in there.
desert1pocket said:I would take it as a compliment............. they think you play to good (you did win last time afterall)