I know its no big secret.....

Mowem down

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was flipping through some sports channels earlier and its just hard to comprehend the status of professional billiards in the US....
Some years ago I said pool would get theres. I said that after seeing corn hole or some other rediculess thing on mainstream tv and figured, hell they're running out of options, billiards has got to be on the menu. Its got better since then but damn its one of the oldest games in existence it should win by default by now..

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Sad news but pool will never make it, we must face the fact that it is very fun to play but very boring to watch for your average joe. What I mean by this is that people who don't play the game will never watch it, also add that the people who play casually will also not watch it, or maybe watch just few mins.

I once purchased a US Open PPV and decided to let people watch with me in the poolhall to get a little knowledge from the pro's, I told them look the US open is the most important tournament in the world and all pro's are playing, and I am giving you this opportunity watch for free on my own screen/login, obviously I didn't share my login but i brought my tv monitor to the poolhall so that they can watch. Can you guess what happened? they literally watched just 3mins then went back to playing....they don't want to watch!

Also a story I keep repeating is that, my family don't play the game, sometimes I force them to watch pool and they can never get into it, it is just boring to them and my wife keeps saying that it isn't an antique game, she doesn't like watching it...but when I show her snooker immediately she gets into the game, she likes snooker and can watch a little bit, but can never get into pool. I don't know what it is but this is reality.

I mean even pool players don't want to watch pool and get bored why on earth would you expect TV producers decide to put it in their time-slots for the non-pool-player watchers? it doesn't make sense and I completely agree, until somebody change something in the pool rules then it will remain boring to watch.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
look accu-stats are broadcasting a match right now, its the US Open 2015 only four players left in the tournament and chairs around the arena are mostly empty thats 1st problem.

the viewers in the broadcast itself are only 150 people watching right now. While earlier today there was a stream broadcasting a live mobile game that is designed for kids and 20k viewers on youtube are watching, so yea..pool? who wants to watch it, peeps prefer watching mobile games on an app that is streamed live between two kids.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Don’t give up on it. I’ve recorded 59 matches that were carried by Direct TV, in the last 7 months. They weren’t live, of course, but televised nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums