I love Red Shoes Bar/Grill/Billiards

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
What a great place to play.

Totally worth a 4 hour drive, and John is a great owner.

I've played a lot of people there, never come out ahead, never broke even, but still had fun.

Can't find an even game there yet, but that's because I play so bad.
And no one in Indy wants to snap me off with a fair game?

Be back soon John, keep that 1st table warm.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Forgot the main table was the camera table also.

I must have had people laughing their arse off at my play.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Forgot the main table was the camera table also.

I must have had people laughing their arse off at my play.

We're you there last night?

Jaden

Btw all four tables in the roped off area are stream tables

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I was there most of yesterday.

I was playing on table 12 for seven or eight hours yesterday. 12 is the second one from the bar in the roped off area.

Jaden

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
No, I played on the front table where everyone who works there plays on.

It was a few days ago.

Hope you had fun.

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
John Lavin-

What a great place to play.

Totally worth a 4 hour drive, and John is a great owner.

I've played a lot of people there, never come out ahead, never broke even, but still had fun.

Can't find an even game there yet, but that's because I play so bad.
And no one in Indy wants to snap me off with a fair game?

Be back soon John, keep that 1st table warm.

--ROCKS!!

cp

Lucky_Lew66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
been wanting to get up there and check it out. I live in Indiana,i think its about 2.5 hours from me,my dad is handicapped so its hard to get out much. I have a few friends from MIsshewaka In. that play there a little. Are there any nice motels to stay in that are close by. Would love to check it out and maybe find some cheap action on the streaming table.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Did you say nice AND motel in the same sentence?

No there aren't. There are crappy Hotels which are expensive. If you're only 2.5 hours away, why not drive home, I did.

It's a 24 hour trip.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
been wanting to get up there and check it out. I live in Indiana,i think its about 2.5 hours from me,my dad is handicapped so its hard to get out much. I have a few friends from MIsshewaka In. that play there a little. Are there any nice motels to stay in that are close by. Would love to check it out and maybe find some cheap action on the streaming table.

Oh, there are some nice hotels, maybe not right in Alsip, but very close by. Check out Hotels.com , you will find some decent places that are not expensive in the south suburbs...

And yeah, it's a nice place, with exceptional equipment. also happens to be the "home room" of Freddy the Beard :)

Red Shoes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A "Bloody Mary" with no booze is a "Virgin Mary" (or tomato juice with tabasco sauce, pepper, salt and a celery stick). "Table #12" is actually "Table #15"...we have the table numbers on the lights...some years ago the light fixture over table #15 "died"...so I took an unused fixture ( #12)...blacked out the "#12" and put that over table #15....the only problem is that from certain angles...you can still see the "#12"...It is not really a problem though for pool room operation because "IF" your behind the velvet ropes...your a "player"....NO CIVILIANS ALLOWED behind the ropes....civilians (the public) can NOT request nor will they be assigned a table behind the "ropes". The FRONT table (main table) is table #14.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Hey wait, you shorted me on the Celery, and what about the Worcestershire sauce. Now I have house credit.

No salt ughhhhhhh was there salt in that one?

A "Bloody Mary" with no booze is a "Virgin Mary" (or tomato juice with tabasco sauce, pepper, salt and a celery stick). "Table #12" is actually "Table #15"...we have the table numbers on the lights...some years ago the light fixture over table #15 "died"...so I took an unused fixture ( #12)...blacked out the "#12" and put that over table #15....the only problem is that from certain angles...you can still see the "#12"...It is not really a problem though for pool room operation because "IF" your behind the velvet ropes...your a "player"....NO CIVILIANS ALLOWED behind the ropes....civilians (the public) can NOT request nor will they be assigned a table behind the "ropes". The FRONT table (main table) is table #14.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I guess that's what I was seeing them. lol

I always have a great time playing at red shoe. They run it like a pool hall should be run even though they did pressure me to join a union. Lol.

Reasonable rates and good playing conditions on either side of the ropes...

Those Chicago guys ain't half bad...

Jaden