I love the pockets on my Gold Crown IV !

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fourteen months ago I bought a used GC 4 with the standard 5 - 18 corner pockets. I learned on these forums about a top notch Chicago mechanic named Jeirimy Chambers. He extended the sub -rails, put in the same Artemis cushions found in Diamonds, and made the corner pockets 4 - 3/8..

While playing last night I was thinking about how much I love these pockets. There is simply no namby pamby rattling going on from facing to facing.The ball either goes in decisively or is firmly rejected. There's no in - between.

Jerimy told me he discourages customers from going tighter than 4 - 3/8. I really don't know if 4 - 3/8 is the perfect size or if it's the perfect size when combined with whatever else he did to produce a rattle - free pocket, but when I hit the ball "pure" or close enough to "pure" where I believe I should be rewarded, it goes in. When I hit it away from "pure" to the point where I don't believe I should be rewarded, it never goes in. I LOVE 'EM!

Anyway; I'm wondering.....I'm exclusively a basement player..... Are these nom- rattling pockets a new developement in the evolution of pool tables? Because of it, the table sure does play differently from my old table.

Last edited:

Ih82luz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had my Olhausen GC III pockets reduced and they are 4-1/4", and it's tight!

I'd say you are right on with your pockets.

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Enjoy. How about some pics.
I'd love to, but my IPad is the first version without a camera and my cell phone is not a smart one. It also has no camera. I do; however, appreciate any poster who purchased an iPhone between Jan, 2013 and Sept, 2014. I owned some apple stock during that time and made a nice profit when I sold it.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Fresh cloth plays much more forgiving in the pockets because of the slide... Wait untill the cloth is good and broke in, you'll know when'

Enjoy.

Rob.M

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What?......Does everyone think I'm lying? They are rattle - free pockets, for God's sake!. Maybe this mechanic is the only one who makes them that way, but I know he works on the GC's at Red Shoes Biliiards and an awful lot of posters have played there.