I made two balls at once only on a valley.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I just did something that is only possible on a valley. I made two balls side by side at once. At least I'm assuming this is only possible on a valley where the pockets are super big. Or the rails are cut differently or what not. Or is this possible elsewhere? Is this possible on other tables? I know it's not possible on the diamond that I play on. But I'm not sure what cut those Pockets have.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
You did it, you crazy son of a bitch, you did it in HD ...

docgpmiller

As long as the pockets are greater than 4.5" then both balls can go in side by side. If they are slightly skewed then 4.5 or less will go in. Regardless of brand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as the pockets are greater than 4.5" then both balls can go in side by side. If they are slightly skewed then 4.5 or less will go in. Regardless of brand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
what other tables are set up by default this way?

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slightly off topic but Corey plays a game occasionally where he breaks and then tries to make all the balls in as few strokes as possible. I dont think balls on the break count. Anyway he was amazing-far outclassing anyone else who tried. I saw him do it in 11 shots-Id like to see this game played again-There's action every shot.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I can make three in the side. To illustrate I set up the balls close to the pocket, and used the 1,2 & 3 to make it easier to count.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_8717.jpg
    IMG_8717.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 47

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can make three in the side. To illustrate I set up the balls close to the pocket, and used the 1,2 & 3 to make it easier to count.

Dave
are those regulation size balls? I will have to check this on the valley I have. I don't think it's possible.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
so could you make two balls side by side in a corner pocket on a league cut diamond table?
Balls are 2.25". 2.25+2.25= 4.5. You have a quarter inch to spare. Center pocket is center pocket, what more could a guy ask for. You could drive a bus through a quarter inch if you get it right. :unsure:

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.

Dave
Geesh brother, you could fit a 747 in that hanger of a pocket! 😅;)

northshoremb

Registered
So I just did something that is only possible on a valley. I made two balls side by side at once. At least I'm assuming this is only possible on a valley where the pockets are super big. Or the rails are cut differently or what not. Or is this possible elsewhere? Is this possible on other tables? I know it's not possible on the diamond that I play on. But I'm not sure what cut those Pockets have.
Everyone assumes every valley has huge pockets but there are tons with normal or pro pockets that guys play on. The super wide pockets were made to make more revenue for a business cause it makes the game faster which men's more games per night. Any reputable league or tournament venue won't use those wide pockets and always put the tighter pockets via new rails or thicker rail pads.

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk