I need to get in touch with user "ioCross"

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Hey guys!

Let me start out by saying I'm not here to dirty anyone's name. I'm just looking for contact info. Thanks for understanding...

Backstory:
I setup and completed a raffle for my Carmeli about 3 weeks ago. At the time payment was due, 5 of the people who had reserved slots had issues with payment for one reason or another, but we agreed to run the raffle anyway and collect payment in the days following. I ran the raffle being owed ~$250.

ioCross was one of these users, and I believe he fully intended to pay me the $40 owed. However, we spoke a few times and unfortunately he has not been active on the forums since 06/25/08. Life happens and I'm sure there are many things more important than AZB.

Again, I am in no way calling him out, I don't think he intentionally forgot about me he just hasn't been on the forums and PM are my only avenue for communication (I don't even have a name).

In the end if I lose a few bucks life will go on, but it's more a matter of principle.

For the record, I was owed by 5 people. 3 of them have paid in full, and the fourth has been in contact and is working it out. Unfortunately their account was frozen by paypal before the raffle for an unrelated issue and hasn't yet been resolved. We may just go to a check or something. I'm not concerned about that person.

So for the skeptics who said I wouldn't get a penny from people who lost the raffle and didn't pay ahead of time. Fortunately you were wrong! :p

If I can get in touch with ioCross, all will be well with the world.

Thanks for your help.

-James

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
No one has any info? I know he's from the Maryland area. Figured there were plenty of players around that area.

-J

ScottW

Fo' shizzle!
Silver Member
6/25/08 is only a couple of weeks ago - not a terribly long time.

If you haven't left him a PM yet, I'd do so - he may well be one of those users who only hops on the forum every now and again, and may well see your PM in due time.

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
ScottW said:
6/25/08 is only a couple of weeks ago - not a terribly long time.

If you haven't left him a PM yet, I'd do so - he may well be one of those users who only hops on the forum every now and again, and may well see your PM in due time.

A couple of weeks to get paid isn't a terribly long time, but a couple of weeks to not have heard any communication isn't the greatest. I have sent a few PM's, but I realized he hasn't even signed on in weeks.

Oh well, if no one knows him then I guess it'll just get resolved whenever he comes back on. (Or never)

Thanks again,
-J

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Well, not that anyone cares, but ioCross has since been online and not responded to my posts. I suppose this means I'm being air-barrelled.

It's been over a month since I last received communication...

:(

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anybody know him off of the forums? Someone that can talk some sense into him and see if he will finally do the right thing. It sucks that you are getting airbarrelled James.

BVal

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
BVal said:
Does anybody know him off of the forums? Someone that can talk some sense into him and see if he will finally do the right thing. It sucks that you are getting airbarrelled James.

BVal

I don't get the impression he's a scumbug or anything, but I waited patiently for a few weeks when he hadn't visited the forums. I only left 2 maybe 3 PM's for him, because I realized he wasn't on so I didn't want to pile them up. It became unfortunate when I saw he had visited the forums, but still not responded at all.

At the end of the day I could care less about the $40, it's the principle of paying. Sure, he didn't win the raffle, so there's a temptation not to pay.

On the flipside if he had won, you can bet he would've paid promptly and been ready to receive the cue.

Oh well. I collected payment for 39 raffle entries and I only lost 1. I guess that's pretty good.

-J

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
James said:
I don't get the impression he's a scumbug or anything, but I waited patiently for a few weeks when he hadn't visited the forums. I only left 2 maybe 3 PM's for him, because I realized he wasn't on so I didn't want to pile them up. It became unfortunate when I saw he had visited the forums, but still not responded at all.

At the end of the day I could care less about the $40, it's the principle of paying. Sure, he didn't win the raffle, so there's a temptation not to pay.

On the flipside if he had won, you can bet he would've paid promptly and been ready to receive the cue.

Oh well. I collected payment for 39 raffle entries and I only lost 1. I guess that's pretty good.

-J
I didn't mean someone should go rough him up or anything. I just thought maybe an actual friend of his could tell him to do the right thing. Ruining his reputation is not worth $40. But hey 39 out of 40 is pretty damn good.

BVal