I thought I was too good for this...

aj6788

New member
This is something I posted on my myspace blog.... Joe Tuckers 3rd Eye Stroke Trainer story and my buddies comment.

I work at a pool hall so the time I'm not on the clock I'm definitely shooting at a table. I've played in a tournament which landed me first place, but a certain someone believes I cheated... If she reads this she is more then welcome to come to TJ's and I'll give her odds on the money straight up 9 ball house rules a race to 11 for what ever she wants... I know I didn't cheat and I wish this wasn't what ended our friendship, she was a great friend! Other then that I've played for lots of money.. Only a few times, the money wasn't that extravagant to get worried about. My game started taking a straight downward angle because I think.. I'm relearning to shoot and I'm not going through a "slump"... As some would call it *Sneeze* Matthew *Blows noise..* For my birthday a good friend bought the Joe Tuckers 3rd Eye Stroke Trainer for me... I didn't want to touch that thing with a 10 foot pole at first, because I thought for a moment I was better then that thing! But then I started thinking of why I missed some of the shots in another tournament, as well as gambling... And it's because I'm all f****d up! lol.. Because I'm shooting a half a tip to the right... I'm steering my cue... My head is not aligned properly.. I have dominance in my right eye.. Soooo.. By actually watching the stupid dvd.. I learned what I was doing wrong... Also, as well as I finally figured out how to wait for my shots, and not rushing them.. I was starting to come to a realization about those shots. Especially the pause before the final forward movement of a stroke. Which I rarely used, but I always got positive feedback from this when I did. For about 2 weeks I couldn't make a ball to save my life on the table! I was having the hardest time in the world stringing together a 3 ball run! I was murdered in a tournament that I shouldn't have been slaughtered that much if not at all! So I was blaming it on the stupid dvd... There have been moments between then and now.. That some shots didn't make too much sense to me.. But I started watching what whitey was doing.. The shots I took my time on and paused and realized I was really out of tune.. I'd fix the errors and stroke it gentle straight and it just went smooth.. Re-balancing my position and getting all aligned again. After my tip hit the cue, you'd hear a little boing/pop which to me always sounded like the most beautiful sound of perfection. I nailed the shot.. Now I'm stringing more and more together. To the point of where I pulled together a run out, break run, break run, perfection for me at it's best (it all ended on a dry break)! Now I've realized since I've come to this conclusion, the shots I'm missing I know I have done something wrong.. And i know, I'm not blaming it on the stupid tables, stupid cloth, stupid balls, stupid anything else you could possibly fit in there... I just need to play the game the right way, take my time, and have complete determination, focus, and all the ingredients to create a perfect shot, and follow through with a perfect stroke. Now I know, and it's really nice.. Now, if I could just see the lines on the tables like the pros! The pool gods have yet to give me that blessing! :-D At least I can make beautiful stop shots a bazillion times in a row now, also solid follow and draw!

And today I played in a 3.6.9 tournament and landed 3rd place... Unfortunately I was getting tired, I think I was just happy to make it to the money and sort of rolled over!

All in all, thanks Creedo for this stupid present (this time I'm using it sarcasticaly)!!

:-D you rock!

P.S. In other news... A very stressful part of my life has finally left me and I can think clearly at the table! I can see clearly now the p****y is gone! LMAO





CREEDO's COMMENT FROM MYSPACE:

Aw, i have a warm fuzzy feeling inside, like a ferret were sleeping in my briefs.

This is pretty cool, and I know you'll only get better and better now. Looking forward to seeing it in action. lol @ the PS down there. You're the only person I know who can devote 20 lines to pool and 1 line to a breakup (and I wouldn't change it for the world).

See you at the table =)



NOTE:

I'm not saying the Stroke Trainer has made my game flawless, it's still hard to pull some shots off that really need that solid center ball hit, but It has definitely improved and I have seen the changes. I encourage anyone who may find this helpful to purchase this.
 
Back
Top