I was actually impressed with APA today

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Our team made it to the cities. When I found out I was thinking in my head *ugh...well looks like I'll be playing cruddy bar boxes with cruddy felt at the VFW in Charlotte like I did last time I played APA 10 years ago*.

First I find out that it's at the Metrolina Expo in Charlotte which impressed the hell out of me because that is a pretty big building. Still I figured yea it'll still be a bunch of crappy Dynamos with cheapo felt on em. I walk in and I was amazed. They had about 70 Diamonds with fresh electric blue 860 Simonis cloth on em and all of em had Diamond table lights. I couldn't believe how smoothly it went as they were hosting the 8ball and 9ball cities at the same time.

Other than having to play on a bar box (which I deplore) it was great. I even got to see Kelly Fisher there (yes the #1 womens 9 ball player). One thing I have to say about Kelly is that I was mesmerized by her boobage. I've seen her on television several times and while they say tv adds 20 pounds I can say that it must take off about 20 pounds of boob because I took a double take.

We won tonight so it's on to tomorrow.
 
gunzby said:
Our team made it to the cities. When I found out I was thinking in my head *ugh...well looks like I'll be playing cruddy bar boxes with cruddy felt at the VFW in Charlotte like I did last time I played APA 10 years ago*.

First I find out that it's at the Metrolina Expo in Charlotte which impressed the hell out of me because that is a pretty big building. Still I figured yea it'll still be a bunch of crappy Dynamos with cheapo felt on em. I walk in and I was amazed. They had about 70 Diamonds with fresh electric blue 860 Simonis cloth on em and all of em had Diamond table lights. I couldn't believe how smoothly it went as they were hosting the 8ball and 9ball cities at the same time.

Other than having to play on a bar box (which I deplore) it was great. I even got to see Kelly Fisher there (yes the #1 womens 9 ball player). [highlight]One thing I have to say about Kelly is that I was mesmerized by her boobage.[/highlight] I've seen her on television several times and while they say tv adds 20 pounds I can say that it must take off about 20 pounds of boob because I took a double take.

We won tonight so it's on to tomorrow.

Psssst, Gunzby, they have this wonderful thing out nowadays called a camera!!!!!
 
gunzby said:
Other than having to play on a bar box (which I deplore) it was great. I even got to see Kelly Fisher there (yes the #1 womens 9 ball player). One thing I have to say about Kelly is that I was mesmerized by her boobage. I've seen her on television several times and while they say tv adds 20 pounds I can say that it must take off about 20 pounds of boob because I took a double take.

It was very clever of you do title your post about the APA in a way to cloak your true subject. :D
 
cmbwsu said:
Psssst, Gunzby, they have this wonderful thing out nowadays called a camera!!!!!

I was a deer in headlights I tell you. If she's there tomorrow I'll get a picture.
Pun intended ;)
 
T said:
It was very clever of you do title your post about the APA in a way to cloak your true subject. :D

One of the girls on my team said she wanted to ask her how she plays with those monsters running wild. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to talk to her because of the crowd, but I'll make a point of it tomorrow.
 
gunzby said:
One of the girls on my team said she wanted to ask her how she plays with those monsters running wild. Unfortunately [highlight]I didn't get a chance to talk to her because of the crowd[/highlight], but I'll make a point of it tomorrow.

Come on fess up, is that really the reason why -- perhaps you were just too happy to see her and was a bit embarrassed :wub: :oink: :wub: :oink:
 
ok, you have me distracted by the boob talk, but I gotta ask: how can you deplore playing 8ball on a Diamond barbox??? I personally think there is nothing better.....

oh yeah, uh, looking more forward to pics than your reply...sorry :)
 
cmbwsu said:
Come on fess up, is that really the reason why -- perhaps you were just too happy to see her and was a bit embarrassed :wub: :oink: :wub: :oink:

I was very happy to see her to be honest, but not embarrassed. I've always been reluctant to approach people like that as I know they have people coming up to them all day long. I'll do my best to muster up the courage to approach her tomorrow.
 
trustyrusty said:
ok, you have me distracted by the boob talk, but I gotta ask: how can you deplore playing 8ball on a Diamond barbox??? I personally think there is nothing better.....

oh yeah, uh, looking more forward to pics than your reply...sorry :)

I've always had a dislike for playing on small tables. I will say that it was the first time I have played on a Diamond bar box and it is by far light years better than any other bar box I have played on.
 
cmbwsu said:
Come on fess up, is that really the reason why -- perhaps you were just too happy to see her and was a bit embarrassed :wub: :oink: :wub: :oink:

lol - I GOT it, even if it went right over his head...

you got a half dozen pocket chalkers in your pocket or are you just happy to see her type of thing gunzby...hence the possibility for embarrassment. Just do what I used to do in 5th grade on in school - untuck the shirt!! :p
 
trustyrusty said:
lol - I GOT it, even if it went right over his head...

you got a half dozen pocket chalkers in your pocket or are you just happy to see her type of thing gunzby...hence the possibility for embarrassment. Just do what I used to do in 5th grade on in school - untuck the shirt!! :p

Nah I got it ;)

No I wasn't sporting
 
trustyrusty said:
lol - I GOT it, even if it went right over his head...

you got a half dozen pocket chalkers in your pocket or are you just happy to see her type of thing gunzby...hence the possibility for embarrassment. Just do what I used to do in 5th grade on in school - untuck the shirt!! :p

A seasoned veteran has spoken -- 'nuf said!!
 
gunzby said:
I've always had a dislike for playing on small tables. I will say that it was the first time I have played on a Diamond bar box and it is by far light years better than any other bar box I have played on.

to me, 8ball isn't 8ball without the tight confines (love cluster busting), but I don't like 9ball on the box (too easy, and gives lesser players MUCH more of a chance). I think playing 8ball, however, is easier on a 9 footer....for shot makers at least. You won't find me playing 8ball on a 9 footer, and no 9ball on the box (unless there's a tourney that calls for either).
 
trustyrusty said:
to me, 8ball isn't 8ball without the tight confines (love cluster busting), but I don't like 9ball on the box (too easy, and gives lesser players MUCH more of a chance). I think playing 8ball, however, is easier on a 9 footer....for shot makers at least. You won't find me playing 8ball on a 9 footer, and no 9ball on the box (unless there's a tourney that calls for either).

A seasoned veteran has spoken (Part II) -- 'nuf said!!
 
gunzby said:
One of the girls on my team said she wanted to ask her how she plays with those monsters running wild. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to talk to her because of the crowd, but I'll make a point of it tomorrow.

NO! lol

Kelly Fisher in my opinion has one of the coolest, steadiest minds in women's pool. Please do not mess with the mojo! lol
 
gunzby said:
I was a deer in headlights I tell you. If she's there tomorrow I'll get a picture.
Pun intended ;)

Gunzby: It's well passed "high noon" gunslinger and still no pics! I have checked more times then when the site was down (both days combined) -- and now I have to go to work = ohhhhhh the agony of delay :crying: :crying:

TrustyRusty: Do you suppose those headlights got to him again? :shrug: :shrug:
 
Back
Top