I was thinkin'.....I'm in trouble now!

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
I'm getting the itch to play again.

It's been awhile. I was tourney director, along with ironman (aka Lewis Jones) of the Fast Eddie's Tour for ten years and directed the Texas State 9 Ball Championships for 5 or 6 yrs when I retired a few years ago.

I walked away because of family obligations and taking over management of our family ranch, a 150 miles from a decent pool table.

A weekly league and an occasional outing with friends is all that's happened in the last couple of years.

I have an oversized 8' at my house with Grand Canyon pockets which I haven't hit a ball on in 10 yrs. The table has been a storage bin for other projects too long. The cloth is crap. It's a no go for putting my game back together.

I want to play again. I mean really PLAY. Tournaments and gambling. Knock the rust off and find out if I have anything left in the gas tank.

My girlfriend has a 9' lion head table at her house along with a 1946 Brunswick 8', both with tight pockets and fast cloth. I think I'll start practicing out there even though I know there is no substitute for jumping in the box.

Then, of course, work my way up through the local riff raff gamblin'!

Any of you old timers or you young timers have any suggestions that might help?

Stones

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You have a girlfriend who has two pool tables?

Buy some lottery tickets, man.....you on a roll.

Luther Blissett

on the clapham omnibus
Silver Member
My girlfriend has a 9' lion head table at her house ... I think I'll start practicing out there even though I know there is no substitute for jumping in the box.

Had to do a double take right there.

I think I get you now though... :p

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
You have a girlfriend who has two pool tables?

Buy some lottery tickets, man.....you on a roll.

Yeah, she was married before and they had the antique 8 footer.

Her husband had been married before and the ex-wife had the lion's head table. When the ex passed away, he talked his kids from the first marriage out of it.

Then, her husband passed away four years ago.

She's got one in the living room and one in the den. Plenty of room around both to shoot.

Yep, I'm the luckiest guy around.

Stones