Identify Simonis 760

cmckelvmi

Is it possible to identify Simonis cloth? We have a 8' table that laid dormant for about 10 years due to space restrictions. We moved to a new house and paid a local outfit to move our table and upgraded to Simonis 760 cloth. However, after one month the cloth doesn't look the same. I wasn't aware of looking for the Simonis label on the edge of the cloth when it was being installed and wondering if we got 'had'. I appreciate any feedback!

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it possible to identify Simonis cloth? We have a 8' table that laid dormant for about 10 years due to space restrictions. We moved to a new house and paid a local outfit to move our table and upgraded to Simonis 760 cloth. However, after one month the cloth doesn't look the same. I wasn't aware of looking for the Simonis label on the edge of the cloth when it was being installed and wondering if we got 'had'. I appreciate any feedback!
Worsted cloth is pretty shiny/slick when new. After a month or so of play it will look and play different. Also, if you take a blacklight to it there's a logo strip about every meter. It shows IWAN SIMONIS and the serial # of the roll it came from.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Worsted cloth is pretty shiny/slick when new. After a month or so of play it will look and play different. Also, if you take a blacklight to it there's a logo strip about every meter. Got any pics?

I don't have a black light but here are a couple of photos.
No pics. Unless it was installed upside down(don't laugh, it happens a lot) it will look like any other worsted. It should look almost like canvas with no nap. If its kinda fuzzy it very well may be ud.

cmckelvmi

I don't why the photos didn't load yesterday. Thanks for the insight!

Attachments

• IMG_8524[100] (2).jpg
    IMG_8524[100] (2).jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_8525[99] (2).jpg
    IMG_8525[99] (2).jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 156