Identifying a table

Scott Chendo

Need help identifying a pool table. It seems vintage 50's/ early 60's. It has metal balls for feet.
An hourglass shaped frame support. I have not been able to identify it. It is quality construction.
If anyone knows what this is, I'd appreciate the help in identifying this table. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20201030_081742.jpg
    20201030_081742.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 86

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Need help identifying a pool table. It seems vintage 50's/ early 60's. It has metal balls for feet.
An hourglass shaped frame support. I have not been able to identify it. It is quality construction.
If anyone knows what this is, I'd appreciate the help in identifying this table. Thanks!
All the pics you got??

Scott Chendo

A friend bought the table, and is trying to sell it. Kinda hard without identification.
He was told that it's a Gold Crown. We just removed it from storage from the guy who told him that

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its an AMF Grand Prix that has had those ball feet added. They had short metal cylinders originally. Just Google it and you'll see pics. Good old tables.

Scott Chendo

The GP was the GC's main competitor for commercial use back then. They've kinda become cult items. If keeping it i'd try to find some original feet. Looks to be in good shape.

Yes it's in very good shape. I didn't examine the rails closely. when the owner stored the table, he wrapped everything in plastic

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I think garczar nailed it, looks like an AMF from the 60s that has had a ball feet mod, either that or it's the home version of the commercial AMF. I think they are about the only ones that used that hourglass frame design. It should have a red triangle with the AMF logo on one of the end blinds.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I think garczar nailed it, looks like an AMF from the 60s that has had a ball feet mod, either that or it's the home version of the commercial AMF. I think they are about the only ones that used that hourglass frame design. It should have a red triangle with the AMF logo on one of the end blinds.
Those are homemade/aftermarket feet. Its a Grand Prix.

Scott Chendo

Oddly enough, it doesn't that I can see. I guess the owner won't know until he puts it back together