I've noticed with a lot of new players, it is difficult to understand that they can use follow on certain shots to get the cue ball to come back.
The cue ball simply continues forward after the shot, hits the rail, then comes back!
I kept telling a friend of mine...
"If the cue ball goes forward, it will hit the rail and come back!"
"If the cue ball goes forward, it will hit the rail and come back!"
"If the cue ball goes forward, it will hit the rail and come back!"
The other day he finally got it and made a shot with follow instead of draw or stop. He looked at me and said; "If the cue ball goes forward, it will hit the rail and come back!"
I asked him if he had that phrase continually floating around in his head. He said yes.
I have another saying I keep telling people which has helped them quite a bit. It is...
"Where will the cue ball go after this shot?"
"Where will the cue ball go after this shot?"
"Where will the cue ball go after this shot?"
The cue ball simply continues forward after the shot, hits the rail, then comes back!
I kept telling a friend of mine...
"If the cue ball goes forward, it will hit the rail and come back!"
"If the cue ball goes forward, it will hit the rail and come back!"
"If the cue ball goes forward, it will hit the rail and come back!"
The other day he finally got it and made a shot with follow instead of draw or stop. He looked at me and said; "If the cue ball goes forward, it will hit the rail and come back!"
I asked him if he had that phrase continually floating around in his head. He said yes.
I have another saying I keep telling people which has helped them quite a bit. It is...
"Where will the cue ball go after this shot?"
"Where will the cue ball go after this shot?"
"Where will the cue ball go after this shot?"