I'm throwing a screwball?

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gotta stroke question. Gave up game for about 3 years and trying to get back my form( or what there was of it.)

On long fairly straight shots of 4 to 7 ft from cue to object ball I sink them regularly with a smooth fairly slow stroke. When I have to increase speed of stroke to stop ball or roll further things go awry. I can miss by a foot on either side . I got a quirk in there that I can't figure out. Any ideas? :confused::confused:

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I do the same thing - it's usually because I'm tightening up my grip at the end of the stroke.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick tip to help... try same speed just a longer stroke. If you have no pause on your back stroke, this can cause tension in muscles on forward movement making stroke unpredictable. A little pause or slow forward motion gives your arm a chance to relax and prepare for direction change. Also, as mentioned, don't choke the cue.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes it's your transition. The transition from a nice smooth practice stroke to a actual stroke. Remember you don't have to jam the ball to get movement. Don't be jerky with the transition.

I find my ball travels well just by following through and not trying to Murder the Object ball like a bad episode of Law & Order.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Sometimes it's your transition. The transition from a nice smooth practice stroke to a actual stroke. Remember you don't have to jam the ball to get movement. Don't be jerky with the transition.

I find my ball travels well just by following through and not trying to Murder the Object ball like a bad episode of Law & Order.

There are no "bad" episodes of Law & Order ;)