in APA - can you ask to move tables?

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys,

I played the worst match of my life last night (thankfully I still won but I absolutely should not have). Something was off about the table - balls were rolling fun, and you could just feel that it was different.

Now, I practice before league matches on the 9 foot GC with triple shims and pocket balls - but I played on the 7 foot Diamond the table seemed off. I'm a great shot, and normally don't miss some of the shots I missed.

I played the first match of five so I couldn't accurately say that the table was off at the time, but as the night went on - both teams were playing horribly. Guys that normally average 4 innings per game suddenly went up to 6 per game (on both teams), and the table just seemed "off" to me.

Then, after the league was over, my team captain came over to me and said that he didn't know if that table had been "fixed yet" which kinda supported my idea that the table was off.

Anyway, if we are playing on a Diamond table, and another one next to it is open, can I ask to switch tables?
 
I suppose you can always ask, but I don't think they have to comply. In the spirit of cooperation I can't see why they wouldn't unless maybe it's their lucky table or something...
 
I dunno what the national rule is, but here in our division its the home teams choice of table to be played on. That's the point if being the "home" team.

The room we play out of has Olhausens with tight pockets and deep shelves. The other room here, where the majority of teams play out of, has a hodge podge of different Brunswick tables (not gold crowns, basic tables) with far bigger pockets. It is always to our advantage to play at home, which is definitely an incentive to place higher in the standings. It played a factor, however small, in our championship last session. Our opponents definitely don't like playing on our tables. :p
 
The rule I've always "heard" is as mentioned, the home team has the choice of what table to play on.

Not sure though if this is in the actual Apa manuals or not?
 
Its common practice to utilise BOTH tables, if more then one is available. I think it says something in rule book about that.
 
so you a beat someone on a table that you clearly thought played bad..and you wondering if you can change tables...i think you need to try and matching up with better players..(ps) if the table played bad guess what it played bad for the both of you ..lol
 
What was off about the Diamond was its only 7'. I think all bar boxes should be used for kindling. This sport if it is to ever be something needs to be played on 1 table, a 9' one, as it should be.
 
you can ask ... I would refuse if I was the home team. maybe it wasn't the table. Maybe you should blame yourself for just being off lol it happens. I'm a 9 and sometimes I'm just off because I'm not god or svb. What was off about the table? I mean if we are playing and seeing the table is badly out of level ..fine. But if your just missing uuuummmm no we aint changing tables.
 
I would ask the other team captain to see if we can come to an agreement first by making
a request to change (neutral) table prior to start.

As a counterargument, the table conditions affect both team and doesn't appear to give either an advantage. Unless, the other team is wearing "We only play Diamond" shirts.

If you still can't settle the dispute, consult the rule book.
http://media.poolplayers.com/TMRB/2014-Team-Manual.pdf
 
The table was playing off for both of us, and the table was (before last night) out of use because the owner was trying to make it a glow in the dark table with black lights.

I heard the table was off level and balls rolled in parabolic not straight paths lol.

My opponent was frustrated as well but maybe neither team knew we could ask to switch tables.

Plus - we were the home team and my captain picked the table because at the time it was the only 7 footer open. When my match began, the Diamond next to us was no longer being used for practice.
Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using Tapatalk 2
 
future lesson for you ..when posting a question on az give all the details if your asking for an educated opinion lol then yea if something is screwy because the owner is trying to make it a glow table smh I don't see why both of you wouldn't want to move or when anyone would care if you did.


The table was playing off for both of us, and the table was (before last night) out of use because the owner was trying to make it a glow in the dark table with black lights.

I heard the table was off level and balls rolled in parabolic not straight paths lol.

My opponent was frustrated as well but maybe neither team knew we could ask to switch tables.

Plus - we were the home team and my captain picked the table because at the time it was the only 7 footer open. When my match began, the Diamond next to us was no longer being used for practice.
Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using Tapatalk 2
 
Back
Top