Interesting Insight From a Pro Narrating Her Match

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed listening to her thought process as well. I don’t keep up with female European players and I’d never heard of her, but obviously she is very good to have beaten Ouschan. She made all the shots she needed to, but I would love to have seen and listened to her commentary for all the shots in all the games in the match, won and lost, as I’m guessing a number of shots in a number of games she failed to show didn’t come off as well as most of the games she did show.

Chicken Feather

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She beat Ouschan 2 years ago in the China open also. Reminds me a little of Allison Fisher, who thinks highly of Marharyta.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for that! She talked more about her mental state than anything else- and that was very good self commentary. I believe that was her goal with this video; so choosing her winning racks/ shots made sense here. This was a very good lesson on APPROACH- which is the key to great execution.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

AccuStats has a bunch of their tapes out with player or players that played the match doing commentary, called player review. I always found them very interesting but then again I also like like to watch videos of matches as much for the commentary as the shooting, especially from the old AccuStats stuff where you have Buddy Hall, Grady Mathews, Incardona, Archer and others in the booth.