International cue sales via paypal...

rugerfan

Got a Snakewood fetish...
Silver Member
I can use some advice from some seasoned dealers. I sold a cue to a buyer in Germany and he paid via paypal but his shipping address is unconfirmed. Is this a red flag or something that tends to happen from time to time? I can't risk a chargeback. Any advice?

Thanks!
 
Hi,

It is not possible to get a confirmed shipping adress in Germany (last time
I checked only US and Canada).
So that in itself is not something to worry about. If you want and the buyer agrees you can PM me his
user-name, I do most of my business in Germany and know lots of people.

gr. Dave
 
Paypal only offers address confirmation in the US, UK and Canada. Any time you ship to a customer with an unconfirmed address who's paid with Paypal, you are not protected and run the risk of a chargeback. That said, we ship to customers all over the globe who pay with Paypal (except for the high risk for fraud areas of course). It really comes down to a judgement call and your own personal tolerance for risk.

Mike
 
I wasn't aware of the international address confirmation issue. That is very usefull...

Everything about this deal has been above board but I always insisted that buyers have a confirmed mailing address to cover myself.

Thanks!
 
Back
Top