International trips with an ivory cue.

The_Mole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know all the rules about it being a big no no to export and import ivory and that this would apply to somebody traveling with a cue containing ivory.

I have always wondered if anyone on an international trip has ever been questioned about their cues? There must be so many pro players with cues containing ivory has anyone ever been stopped.

I am so paranoid I leave my main playing cue at home and take my other cue that is totally ethical on trips but everytime I miss my main cue.

Anyone had trouble?
 
good question

I don't know that it ever happens. I do remember a cue that the authorities thought had ivory in it being held over a year. I don't remember if someone was traveling with it or shipping but it seems like I remember them as traveling with it. This is a year or two old, try a search or three but it can be hard to find old threads.

Hu




The_Mole said:
I know all the rules about it being a big no no to export and import ivory and that this would apply to somebody traveling with a cue containing ivory.

I have always wondered if anyone on an international trip has ever been questioned about their cues? There must be so many pro players with cues containing ivory has anyone ever been stopped.

I am so paranoid I leave my main playing cue at home and take my other cue that is totally ethical on trips but everytime I miss my main cue.

Anyone had trouble?
 
It's hard to think that nobody has ever been questioned about their cue when on international trips.
 
I've been traveling internationally since 2005 with cues in my check in baggage, but never got questioned. I've had almost 20 international trips.

I only have one cue that has real ivory, recently purchased, but I haven't traveled with it internationally.
 
Back
Top