IPT 2007 Tour will be better

Banker Burt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my humble opinion but I think the cream will rise to the top 100 in 2006 and it will be an all out war qualifying for 2007.

I seem to miss many names on the list, some that I personally know signed up for it. Guys like Billy Palmer, George Michaels, Dave Hemmah, Chris MacDonald, Amar Kang, etc.

Then there are names like Dave Matlock, Alex Pagalayan, Mike Zuglan, Tommy Kennedy, Danny Medina, C. J. Wiley, Roger Griffin, Reed Pierce, Shane Van Boening, Rob Saez, Warren Kiamco, Ismael Paez, Danny Harriman, etc. but maybe they didn't sign-up.

Then I saw another interesting name on the list, a young boy who I know well and is only 12 years old. I am happy for him but I think this says his junior career is over and that must mean there is no junior program to speak of. He is a sharp young man and comes from a very nice family. I hope this works out well for them.

T411

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Banker Burt said:
Then I saw another interesting name on the list, a young boy who I know well and is only 12 years old. I am happy for him but I think this says his junior career is over and that must mean there is no junior program to speak of. He is a sharp young man and comes from a very nice family. I hope this works out well for them.

I know the young man that you speak of; why do you think this says his junior career is over? I am sure it is fare from being over; in fact I think his future junior career is bright.

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
T411 said:
I know the young man that you speak of; why do you think this says his junior career is over? I am sure it is fare from being over; in fact I think his future junior career is bright.

Burt might be refering to playing on the IPT as taking away his amatuer status?

T411

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CaptainJR said:
Burt might be refering to playing on the IPT as taking away his amatuer status?

I thought that's what he may have been talking about; if it is, one does not have to have an “amateur” status to play on the junior level. Age is what disqualifies all juniors at some point, not the fact that one has played pro events. There has been more than one junior that has played in pro events and continue to play on the junior level.
Anna Kostanian just won the BCA Junior Nationals this past year and just finished 3rd in the WPA Junior World Championships in Velden, Austria and has competed in pro event on the WPBA Tour. She is only 17 years old and will compete in at least one more BCA Junior National event and next week she will compete in the WPBA U.S. Open. I think that she is one of the most promising young woman players, she is the real deal and I think she is going to turn some heads this next week in the U.S. Open.

Last edited:

Banker Burt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Junior pool

You are right about my referencing junior/amatuer status vs. pro. In golf, Michelle Wei would lose her amatuer status if she accepted a payout from a pro event, thus disqualifying her from amatuer or junior competition.

This is more the question about the youngster and Anna receiving a paycheck. I also referenced current status of our junior program existence and its strength in the sport. So if in fact they choose to take a payout from the pro event, which it is up to them, this says allot about what our sport is not doing to better organize the sport from our youth to our professionals.

I was also hinting at how the IPT selection committee seems to be more interested in protecting their investment, but at the expense of marketing as opposed to helping the pros who HAVE paid their dues and will not get a chance until the 2007 qualifiers.

Unless they want to poney up a grand and play. I don't know, it is not a perfect world but there is something about this that may comeback on individuals and I just hope it does not affect our next generation of players.

I hope not, but...

clolson

Feisty Foster 4 MVP
Silver Member
that kid is like a midget standing next to john salley....

im so ill its unreal ...............w00t.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Banker Burt said:
Then there are names like Dave Matlock, Alex Pagalayan, Mike Zuglan, Tommy Kennedy, Danny Medina, C. J. Wiley, Roger Griffin, Reed Pierce, Shane Van Boening, Rob Saez, Warren Kiamco, Ismael Paez, Danny Harriman, etc. but maybe they didn't sign-up.

Shane Van Boening, RobB Saez, Dave Matlock all play or are playing.
Where are you getting your info?