Irving K Coin op 3.5x7 value

Big Business

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just wondering what one of these would be worth. My boss has one and I want to offer a fair price. In good condition but needs new cloth and brass polishing for rails and corner guards. Slate is good and still has the 25cent slot to play. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sean

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Big Business said:
Just wondering what one of these would be worth. My boss has one and I want to offer a fair price. In good condition but needs new cloth and brass polishing for rails and corner guards. Slate is good and still has the 25cent slot to play. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sean

I would stay away from it, if you want a bar box get a Valley or Diamond, the IK is the only table I have ever seen that is not twice as long as it is wide, it is some weird dimension that I can't recall right now. Also if I remember right there is only 2 bolts per rail and the bolt holes also serve as the sights so if you ever plan on using the diamond system you're SOL.

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Anytime! The IK's were built solid and are good for what they are but I don't think they are worth buying. I forgot to mention earlier they have a goofy cushion profile as well, I don't know how easy it would be to find it needed replacing. Pretty much all the parts are a bear to find for it. If you do get it there is a Yahoo group for IK owners which has alot of useful info archived in there.

CamposCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
IK Bar Box

I like the old IK Bar Boxes with the Lion's heads on the corners. There are still a couple in bars here in town. I like the way they play. They play much tougher than a typical bar box. The pockets are pretty tight. I'm not sure about the L X W issure. They were build pretty tough.